Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a silver, black roof r56 'Just a Cooper' until three years ago. And now I am getting a new Mini. This time it's 'Just a One' but so, so much better than any other car. I'd have loved a Cooper or SCooper but I have three points already...
Went out today to look at what was available, having promised my husband that I wouldnt sign anything today. Ha! She is Midnight Black and I have a name for her already. She's called "MY MINI NOT OUR MINI" ?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats Susie. I doubt you'll notice much difference with it being a One to be honest. My wife has an R56 One which we bought about 8 months ago and to be honest, for sheer driving fun it's just as good as my new SD on the bends.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Susie

·
Registered
234 Posts
The beauty of MINI is the amount of stuff you get as Standard. I love this thread's title! All are welcome to the MINI family, my friend!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Don't think by going with just a Mini One means you're losing out! They are just as fun to drive and when I test drove the One and the Cooper, I noticed no difference in performance and handling. You can spec the Mini One up, just like I did so no one can notice the difference, haha.
:)

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Yes, I have a sneaky suspicion that early on when demand was really high (might still be the case) the one orderers had longer waits due bmw prioritising cars with greater profit margins ie the s. When we did our factory tour there were far more s,s coming off than anything else but I might just be getting old and cynical. Welcome to mini ownership. Great car!.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.