Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm Kamran!

Ordered a Mini One D 5 door last week and after searching online and lurking, this appears to be the most active mini forum? So i've signed up >:D

Specced a pepper white One D with black victory alloys, full black leather interior and a black, silver and red interior plus roof rails! Can't wait!

In hindsight, I would have liked to have had the visual boost for an extra £300 but didn't know it was an option :crying:

Quick question though, how much do Mini UK charge for fitting bonnet strips and side graphics? I really like the JCW strips and side stripes...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations on ordering your mini! If you still want visual boost and you have only just ordered your car then you can ask them to get it changed for you before it gets built and I would massive recommend visual boost. As for the graphics and stripes the link below is the brochure for all the accessories including the stripes and graphics with prices. Hopefully that can help :) (I'm not sure if it includes fitting costs or not)

https://www.mini.co.uk/content/dam/...INI Aftersales F55-F56 Digibrochure v6 PT.pdf

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had a F56 One D Karman and the best thing about that car was 84MPG I used to get on longer run. You would love it.

Have the visual boost radio ordered. I did not have it and I missed it a lot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm probably going to kick myself later but I think I'm going to stick with the build i've got! I'd get bored of playing with the screen after a few days!

Just the long wait till the 30th March!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Congratulations on ordering your mini! If you still want visual boost and you have only just ordered your car then you can ask them to get it changed for you before it gets built and I would massive recommend visual boost.
100% agree. Can't say enough good things about Visual Boost. It's the main interface with the vehicle and makes checking the oil, tire pressure and accessing media and contacts so much easier. I found the base display too clunky and un-intuitive. Well worth the money.

Congrats on your new MINI!

Reactions: throwngorilla

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm probably going to kick myself later but I think I'm going to stick with the build i've got! I'd get bored of playing with the screen after a few days!

Just the long wait till the 30th March!
That's totally your call buddy but I can honestly say that most people who don't get visual boost regret it and it also makes you car more appealing when it comes to selling it as well since its an option everyone wants. Trust me time will fly by till the 30th of March and before you know it you'll be picking up your amazing Mini :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's totally your call buddy but I can honestly say that most people who don't get visual boost regret it and it also makes you car more appealing when it comes to selling it as well since its an option everyone wants.
+1 on that.. You would never get board of the screen as its more of a function over looks. Also talking about the looks the screen actually lifts the interior too. My dealer had a very tough time selling my OneD as it didn't have the visual boost in. I am sure by next year or so its going to be standard on every MINI.

No matter what, you are going to love your MINI.

Good Luck..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's been a few months but I'll be taking delivery of my Mini One F55 this week! Another 5 days to go! Mini got my order wrong last time so there's been a delay. I took it as a change to change the order and add visual boost in the end!

Pix to follow!!

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
Well done but it will be a long 5 days. The problem with waiting is you have soooo much time in finding more ways to spend even more money. Please post us some pics when you pick up the fun mobile.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't worry, lots of pix planned. I've already bought red centre caps, a mini keyring and a NFC JCW key cap! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up my mini a few days ago and loving it!

Buying experience was great despite the wrong one being ordered which meant I had to wait a bit longer.

Even worse, hadn't even done 10 miles when a reckless ambo driver tried to squeeze past and knocked into my rear driver side!

Dented rear 3/4, rubber and bumper! I've claimed through the 7 day mini insurance, just waiting for the ambo service to accept liability!

Here's some pictures!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts