1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
998 Posts
Id expect it to be offered with a pretty limited selection of options to keep the production costs down. Possibly even sold as a set of fixed specs almost like a L/GL/GLX type setup

·
Registered
508 Posts
Id expect it to be offered with a pretty limited selection of options to keep the production costs down.
I doubt that is the reason for limiting options on Firsts - I expect it's more a case of making sure buyers don't buy up-spec Firsts, if they have the money to buy a lower-spec One. It won't cost Mini a penny less to make a First, so they don't want to sell anyone a First if they could sell them a One instead.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello!

I am on the verge of buying one of these. Here in Italy there are loads of options with them and as I am newly licensed I cannot drive a car over 55kw/ton. Plus price of gasoline here is 1.65 per litre. Perfect for new drivers! Test drove one today...was pretty decent. Nice pickup...I'll let you all know if I get it ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome Giu!

I have gone for the Mini One too as it will be my second car and to keep the insurance costs down (being 19 and male, car insurance is so expensive these days) :(

However, on my test drive I was so impressed with the Mini One and how nippy it was. I couldn't tell the difference between the One and the 1.5 petrol Cooper. Let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I currently own a 1997 Opel Corsa. This is a tremendous upgrade...even if only the 55kw version.

Do you guys know if these model come standard with the "cruise control"?

I just remember about that feature...

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
You'll need to spec a package for cruise with multi function steering wheel. Profiteroles will know which.

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Just been on the configurator .you can add cruise to a mini one on the interior equipment bit by adding the multifunction steering wheel which then adds cruise for free. it's listed at circa £215 , but it then pops up you need the sports steering wheel at £165. So £380 for cruise control and a nice steering wheel I assume will control your stereo like mine too. Seems fair!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've decided on the Mini First. Price was decent, ended up getting -2900 discount and was able to add some features like navigations, Victory Spoke wheels (black) parking sensors and reverse camera etc....(a very good thing to have in Italy with streets so tight!) and Vanilla package. Pepper white!

Just got my license recently so was pretty limited in choices...also insurance wise was the best choice for me. Petrol is 1.70 here ! Can't wait. The seller told me 30 days...(speriamo!!!)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Oohh, sounds great Giu! Like the black wheels and pepper white combo! :)

I have had my Mini One for just over a week and it is amazing! Such a fast little engine! I'm only 19 as well so had to go for the smaller engine because of the cheaper insurance but it feels just as fast as the Cooper!

Don't forget to upload lots of pics when you get it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks ! I've always liked the black on white.

Now its time for the waiting game.

I also thought it was a pretty peppy engine when I tested it. I don't care much for speed and I was able to add a bunch of stuff and still end up paying a decent price for the car. All the streets here are so small and skinny...its the perfect car...

Do you have pictures of yours?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts