Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
It's always worth it if you like the end result; minis are a very personal choice-if you mean how much extra power etc would you get and how much it would cost-no idea and not sure if there is availabilty for the mini One-since the cooper isn't that much more it might not be cost effective £ wise but if you like it it is worth it! A new exhaust would certainly enhance that lovely 3 cylinder warble!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's always worth it if you like the end result; minis are a very personal choice-if you mean how much extra power etc would you get and how much it would cost-no idea and not sure if there is availabilty for the mini One-since the cooper isn't that much more it might not be cost effective £ wise but if you like it it is worth it! A new exhaust would certainly enhance that lovely 3 cylinder warble!
To be honest was looking at the Cooper (134bhp) originally but the One (102bhp) was cheaper to buy and insure and only has 32bhp less.
This can easily be fixed with a stage 1 Eco remap which will boost your around 20bhp and will also remove the throttle limiter.
Defiantly agree with the exhaust will sound awesome with the 3 cylinder.

·
Registered
62 Posts
To be honest was looking at the Cooper (134bhp) originally but the One (102bhp) was cheaper to buy and insure and only has 32bhp less.
This can easily be fixed with a stage 1 Eco remap which will boost your around 20bhp and will also remove the throttle limiter.
The trouble with this is that in my experience, although it sounds illogical, a One remapped to give 122bhp will almost certainly cost more than a factory standard 136bhp Cooper to insure. The insurance margins on modifications tend to be pretty high. You could just not tell the insurer of course, but I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My girlfriend has a mini one and I've been playing around modding it.
It's a good little car and really fun to drive even with little power it has.
Currently it has an induction kit, coilovers, we was helping develop a map and we got it up to 140bhp.
It has a decat downpipe and a cooper s exhaust and rear bumper being fitted when it's back from the dealership.

Here's a picture
Excuse the s as that's mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Currently it has an induction kit, coilovers, we was helping develop a map and we got it up to 140bhp.
It has a decat downpipe and a cooper s exhaust and rear bumper being fitted when it's back from the dealership.

Here's a picture
Excuse the s as that's mine.

*long whistle*

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
10 Posts

Harveycook97, the induction kit and downpipe that you installed it's the same of cooper S version? or there's some difference?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Harveycook97, the induction kit and downpipe that you installed it's the same of cooper S version? or there's some difference?

Induction kit and down pipe are different for various reasons.
The mini one doesn't use a maf sensor. So it's easy to change the pipe and filter.
The downpipe is a different diameter where it connects to the exhaust system by about half an inch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Induction kit and down pipe are different for various reasons.
The mini one doesn't use a maf sensor. So it's easy to change the pipe and filter.
The downpipe is a different diameter where it connects to the exhaust system by about half an inch.

The mini one doesn't use a maf sensor?? Really? So is it impossible to use the JB4 BETA for this motor??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.