Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. just joined forum picked my first Mini One 1.2 2 months ago now. covered 2500 happy miles! photos to follow. I have bought a few items for car to make it more to my taste inc. chrome mirror caps, exhaust trim, shortened BMW Mini aerial antenna and most recently a replacement bootlid handle in chrome to replace the black plastic one.

I just wondered if anybody had any ideas on removal of this piece of trim? boot lining has two screws, and a removable cover beside L/H number plate bulb, a starting point maybe?

THanks i advance.

John

·
Registered
508 Posts
The parts diagram shows many clips (4), so it looks like the trim is just pulled from the tailgate. Be prepared for some of those clips to break.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey everyone. just joined forum picked my first Mini One 1.2 2 months ago now. covered 2500 happy miles! photos to follow. I have bought a few items for car to make it more to my taste inc. chrome mirror caps, exhaust trim, shortened BMW Mini aerial antenna and most recently a replacement bootlid handle in chrome to replace the black plastic one.

I just wondered if anybody had any ideas on removal of this piece of trim? boot lining has two screws, and a removable cover beside L/H number plate bulb, a starting point maybe?

THanks i advance.

John
Hi I have just ordered a Mini one in Electric Blue and i am also thinking of getting rid of the plastic boot trim and replacing it with the Jet black trim. I was wondering where did you get the trim from, did you get it from mini or else where ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts