Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I finally got my car! It is a volcanic orange MCS Hot Chili with some amazing interiors! I guess they are Cloth / Leatherette Black pearl carbon, black carbon black. I will post some pictures later.
I am very happy with my choice. I really recommend this car. Harman Kardon is amazing, HUD too! Park assist will definitely get you laid haha. The automatic transmission is worth it. I am a tests pilot and I strongly recommend it.

My question is about setting profiles. I would like to have my car to be on green mode and turn off the Start / Stop every time I turn it on. There is a lot of traffic where I live (Mexico City) and it is sometimes annoying. Do you know if it is possible to do this? I prefer to turn it on manually.

My second question is about the A/C. It says it is automatic but what I have seen is that it is a Climatic, not Climatronic. It adjusts temperature but not the air flow speed. Am I right or am I not using it correctly? This disappointed me. I am used to automatic A/C that adjusts everything but in my new mini I must play with the air flow speed.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well I don't know... I did look in the manual but it's not clear to me.

There seem to be some settings for green mode that you can configure, but that's not the same as selecting green mode itself as a default for the profile.

Similarly, it says A/C settings are in the profile but doesn't go into detail. The A/C is affected by green mode though... but is that just when it's on auto?

I think we'll need someone with a car to work it out :)

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I don't know about disabling the auto start/stop.

Regarding the A/C, me too I came to the conclusion that the airflow adjustment is manual. I usually leave it in middle position... :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not sure about the air flow you know. It's summer (or what passes for summer here in Cumbria) so I usually open the windows with the key when I open the car and turn off the fans as soon as I start the engine. That means that whenever the ignition come on, the fans are set to their lowest setting, which you can hardly hear or feel actually. However, after a day of my car sat in the sunshine outside work, the LED around the fan speed controller still shows the slowest setting being selected when I start the engine, but the fans themselves are much louder and seem to be pushing more air.
Really weird, but I can to the conclusion the fan speed dial is overridden when the interior temperature is much different to the temperature selected.

I agree with you guys though, my rocco had dual climate, and after I found where I like the temperature after I got used to the car, I didn't touch any of the dials for the next two and a half years of owning that car - that's how it should be, no?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts