Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:|I thought but it might be an idea to try and compile a list of some great driving roads/road trips that people have done or would like to do in their minis.

I'll start off with the road trip which I'm planning when I get my mini, I'll make the trip up to Scotland and head for the A82 road which was featured in Skyfall.
I'll also head off for the old military road near Glenshee which was featured as the best driving road in the UK by EVO.

There are many great roads closer to home for me in Surrey, the zig zag road driven late at night has got to be a favourite of mine.

It would be really interesting to hear other people's thoughts on great driving roads for their minis!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I LOVE the old miltary road over Strathdon/Kildrummy/Corgarff/Deeside

Also love some Moray Coast ones ... a good one is the A8031 by Gardenstown, Pennan etc....great pops and bangs over those steep descents.

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I LOVE the old miltary road over Strathdon/Kildrummy/Corgarff/Deeside

Also love some Moray Coast ones ... a good one is the A8031 by Gardenstown, Pennan etc....great pops and bangs over those steep descents.
Back in the 80's we used to go from Peterhead to Lecht or Avimore nearly every 2nd weekend in the winter with rear drive Opel Manta GTE then E30 sport Beemer oh the fun that was had driving through the cut out track sometimes 10feet plus deep , as they say those were the days:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's a wonderful winter wonderland to be discovered in the colder months on California's HWY 20. Head east through Grass Valley and up across the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Stay on the 20 till it turns into Interstate 80 then ride on into Reno for an early dinner.

Just be sure to check the weather before you go or you might find the pass closed on your way back!

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went over to San Francisco for two weeks and we drove up to Napa Valley then back over the Goldengate Bridge, then down to Monterey and down Big Sur to Santa Monica then onto LA for the day, the next day we went across to Las Vegas for a few days then back up to San Francisco via Bakersfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I went over to San Francisco for two weeks and we drove up to Napa Valley then back over the Goldengate Bridge, then down to Monterey and down Big Sur to Santa Monica then onto LA for the day, the next day we went across to Las Vegas for a few days then back up to San Francisco via Bakersfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds great we are heading over to Vegas for 4 days after spending a week in LA and flying home from Vegas, what part of the road did you like the best?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Off later in the week to Trouville, Normandy and the beaches in Hurbert. Will let you know if we find any decent roads!

Quite looking forward to sweeping up the drive of the Chateau we're staying at in him too :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
After remenicing about the old Devil's Elbow I thought I would take a blast up the A93 to Glenshee to try out my Racechip yesterday. It's really pulling like a train now:) All running smoothly with no lights..........apart from DSC flashing sometimes:laugh: Had the B/T valve open all the time of course>:D

Found the original bottom part of the old military road,so took a few pics some 50 years later from 1st trip!!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.