Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since i took delivery back in May of my 2014 S, I have had a problem with the car randomly lurching forwarding "mid-mode. This car is an accident waiting to happen!
Firstly, on occasions when coming to a stop, the car prematurely drops down a gear and the revs increase and the car lurches forward. Secondly, at a stop if you decrease the pressure on the brake pedal, the car's revs increase and it lurches forward. Both cases are on a random basis.
My dealer and the Mini rep have had the car on numerous occasions and naturally cannot re-create the problem!!
I have almost gone into the back of other cars as well as almost hitting my garage wall with this issue. My wife hates to drive this "death-trap"
Is anyone else having this problem??>

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just for clarification's sake, you are using only your right foot to operate both the gas and brake pedals, correct?

(This is a serious question, not sarcasm)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a similar though probably less dramatic thing with my car - cooper auto.

I'm used to driving both autos and manuals and with my mother's auto qashqai you can break smoothly to a stop - the action I usually use is to break almost to a stop, ease off very slightly and then stop - that way you stop nice and smoothly. This is proving to be very difficult with the cooper, which as soon as you release the break wants to go forward far more keenly than you would like.

There have been occasions, particularly on a not so steep hill at a junction (that I do twice daily) where the car has over accelerated and lurched a little. Nothing major for me I have to say - and not as extreme, but it's certainly not what you would call a neat, gradual break or acceleration in these instances.

I haven't actually analysed it in green or S mode - will do this next time I'm in it and report back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes the automatic gives it a little gas as you release the brake pedal, and it definitely takes some time to adjust to this behavior. At first leave a little more room to the car in front when you stop, and don't creep forward if a gap opens in front of you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes the automatic gives it a little gas as you release the brake pedal, and it definitely takes some time to adjust to this behavior. At first leave a little more room to the car in front when you stop, and don't creep forward if a gap opens in front of you.
Yep - that's the way I'm thinking. However, I happen to be taking the car in to look st the bluetooth so have asked them to look at this also... just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts