Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have 2 questions related to the Mini sat nav which I believe they are pretty much independent of the type of the Cooper; I own an F55 with Navi Business (aka XL aka "the one with the big screen").
1. I cannot change the color scheme no matter which option I chose: Classic or Alternate. I believe this would also change the color of the designated road from white (current) to another color (which I really like since white really offsets me). Did anyone encounter this? Is there another option or box I did or did not chose?
2. Is there an option to show the road's speed limit either on the central display or on the little one where the speedometer is? I think I managed to do this when I drove test the (same) car but I cannot seem to find it anymore. I had this on the external GPS and I would like to have this on the built it sat-nav. I assume that since the sat-nav is able to calculate the time to destination then it surely knows the speed limits of the roads I am supposed to take so I would like to have that shown on either of the displays.

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi all,
2. Is there an option to show the road's speed limit either on the central display or on the little one where the speedometer is? I think I managed to do this when I drove test the (same) car but I cannot seem to find it anymore. I had this on the external GPS and I would like to have this on the built it sat-nav. I assume that since the sat-nav is able to calculate the time to destination then it surely knows the speed limits of the roads I am supposed to take so I would like to have that shown on either of the displays.

Thanks
Good questions! Not sure about #1 but for #2 the only time (to my knowledge) the MINI shows speed limit is if you have the HUD and one of the options that put cameras on front (not sure which one...forward collision maybe?). It will then use the camera to "read" the speed limit signs and display them on the HUD.

I could be wrong though....

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
're the second you need the driver assist package with active cruise. The camera then reads speed signs. If you've not got this no speed limits.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@jeremybingham - I understand what you're saying but I am not looking for a real/accurate/live indication of the speed signs. In my old car I had an external GPS, Mio, and it showed on the screen the speed I was supposed to have according to the type of the road; all GPS'es have this in their algorithm because this is how they actually measure the time to destination. It was >98% accurate, some stretches of different roads had different speeds than what it had in its maps but the variations were coming mainly from construction sites, be they present or former, or minor changes in the traffic speeds.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
@jeremybingham - I understand what you're saying but I am not looking for a real/accurate/live indication of the speed signs. In my old car I had an external GPS, Mio, and it showed on the screen the speed I was supposed to have according to the type of the road; all GPS'es have this in their algorithm because this is how they actually measure the time to destination. It was >98% accurate, some stretches of different roads had different speeds than what it had in its maps but the variations were coming mainly from construction sites, be they present or former, or minor changes in the traffic speeds.
You will not see any kind of speed limit display unless you have the Active Driver Assist package. Don't know why, but it is what it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.