Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car for a year now and thought id give the Launch Control a go a my local disused runway.
I cracked 0-60 in under 6.5 and 0-100 in 15.5, now allowing for speedo inaccuracy etc it's still a stunning time.
Is it all down to that stunningly quick auto making rapid changes or have these got a little more horses than BMW want to shout about?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm not surprised, test drove 3 F56 s, then got the diesel as it felt stronger when on the move

Just wish I had the auto, suits the narrow power band

·
Registered
998 Posts
Great video, not seen that tested real life before. I keep meaning to give it a go in my S.

There's definitely more hp in thecar than advertised. I booted mine up a long straight in kick down and it hit over 220bhp on the sport meter before i ran out of road

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that on the Approved used Mini site they claim that F56 Cooper SD's have 190ps rather than the 170ps in the new brochure? As said above love it's punch once rolling.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I can assure you it feels quite fast too as well as looking it. >:D

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
i am sure they are quoting over 190bhp for the new Clubman yes just checked clubman sd,192 bhp and bet its the same engine so you'd probably be right!

Reactions: Blue al

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nope 170 had mine benched before and after
When did you buy your SD as the clubman came out October 2015 so stands to reason why make 2 separate SD engines than the clubman engine for all sd, it would be very cost effective, plus new countryman is on its way and I bet it's rocking the clubman SD engine. Just a thought.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When did you buy your SD as the clubman came out October 2015 so stands to reason why make 2 separate SD engines than the clubman engine for all sd, it would be very cost effective, plus new countryman is on its way and I bet it's rocking the clubman SD engine. Just a thought.
Nope, it's just a different mapping from the factory for the same engine.
Peak torque F56 1500revs
Peak torque F54 1750revs
Check the spec list.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nope, it's just a different mapping from the factory for the same engine.
Peak torque F56 1500revs
Peak torque F54 1750revs
Check the spec list.
Well if that's the case it seems a bit shady to not have mapped the f55 and f56 SD models to there full potential, would have been more of a proper s to compete with the petrol s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts