Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car for a year now and thought id give the Launch Control a go a my local disused runway.
I cracked 0-60 in under 6.5 and 0-100 in 15.5, now allowing for speedo inaccuracy etc it's still a stunning time.
Is it all down to that stunningly quick auto making rapid changes or have these got a little more horses than BMW want to shout about?

· Registered
575 Posts
I'm not surprised, test drove 3 F56 s, then got the diesel as it felt stronger when on the move

Just wish I had the auto, suits the narrow power band

· Registered
998 Posts
Great video, not seen that tested real life before. I keep meaning to give it a go in my S.

There's definitely more hp in thecar than advertised. I booted mine up a long straight in kick down and it hit over 220bhp on the sport meter before i ran out of road

· Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
i am sure they are quoting over 190bhp for the new Clubman yes just checked clubman sd,192 bhp and bet its the same engine so you'd probably be right!

· Registered
118 Posts
Nope 170 had mine benched before and after
When did you buy your SD as the clubman came out October 2015 so stands to reason why make 2 separate SD engines than the clubman engine for all sd, it would be very cost effective, plus new countryman is on its way and I bet it's rocking the clubman SD engine. Just a thought.

· Registered
59 Posts
When did you buy your SD as the clubman came out October 2015 so stands to reason why make 2 separate SD engines than the clubman engine for all sd, it would be very cost effective, plus new countryman is on its way and I bet it's rocking the clubman SD engine. Just a thought.
Nope, it's just a different mapping from the factory for the same engine.
Peak torque F56 1500revs
Peak torque F54 1750revs
Check the spec list.

· Registered
118 Posts
Nope, it's just a different mapping from the factory for the same engine.
Peak torque F56 1500revs
Peak torque F54 1750revs
Check the spec list.
Well if that's the case it seems a bit shady to not have mapped the f55 and f56 SD models to there full potential, would have been more of a proper s to compete with the petrol s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.