Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The article says that the F55, F56, and F57 will get the DCT, while the larger MINIs like the Clubman and Countryman will most likely stick with the 8-speed Aisin.

The prospect of an autobox working better than the ones they have in there now is very exciting!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting but isn't the box now going to be more reliable and better to drive compared to a dual clutch
Potentially yes. Seems odd that they would offer two different options long term. Can only assume that they are positioning the dct as the more sporty option. Maybe they can take more torque than the cvt, potentially for a higher powered engine?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not Mini or BMW related, but I was surprised to find out that VW DSG boxes have a Dual Mass Flywheel (one of my family members VW need the DSG DMF replacing), so for this reason I think I will be trying to stick to slush boxes with torque converters where possible. I just find DMFs week and try to avoid them after a couple of VWs I have only made DMFs last about 5000 miles :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.