1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Coming on the new JCW Clubman and to the new F60 Countryman and I imagine it will make its way across the lineup. The iDrive controller will still be there, so the touch screen is just another way to interface. We'll also see a refreshed interface as well and I've been told the voice commands are getting reworked to be more "natural".

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can't help thinking that a change to touch-screen is partly to facilitate the likes of Apple CarPlay (BMW now offer CarPlay integration on some of their vehicles).

·
Registered
998 Posts
i'm sure this will be to enable carplay. what remains to be seen is whether this will be reverse compatible with the current F series models, or (more likely) only from a model year forward, excluding the current range

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I can't help thinking that a change to touch-screen is partly to facilitate the likes of Apple CarPlay (BMW now offer CarPlay integration on some of their vehicles).
You would think, but CarPlay doesn't require a touch screen.

i'm sure this will be to enable carplay. what remains to be seen is whether this will be reverse compatible with the current F series models, or (more likely) only from a model year forward, excluding the current range
CarPlay will likely be only on the new nav headunits and I'm sure it will be an extra cost, as it is on BMWs. The new headunits should be available across the lineup for the LCI refresh in MY2018.

Reactions: Hat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts