Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has participated in a sanctioned track day event with your F56 Mini. While I am particularly interested in JCW model, I'd like to hear from other Mini owners as well.
- How was the car on-track?
- Tire pressure adjustments?
- Modifications?
- Overall impressions?
- Which groups did you run with?

Appreciate your thoughts and comments.

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really surprised at the lack of response. Sponsored track days are becoming more and more popular here in the USA. Even the E84 forum folks have been very active on this topic .... surprisingly (maybe not since they are really 3-series in disguise) the X1 has proven very competitive.

I'm really surprised the JCW folks have not responded. One of the reasons I am going for the JCW is that I can retire my dedicated race cars and still have fun at track day events.

· Registered
266 Posts
Really surprised at the lack of response. Sponsored track days are becoming more and more popular here in the USA. Even the E84 forum folks have been very active on this topic .... surprisingly (maybe not since they are really 3-series in disguise) the X1 has proven very competitive.

I'm really surprised the JCW folks have not responded. One of the reasons I am going for the JCW is that I can retire my dedicated race cars and still have fun at track day events.
The BMW/Mini track day events here are invite only but they make you pay $500 for entry. If it was free then I would attend!

· Registered
217 Posts
I've only owned mine for about 6 months and half of that was winter so no time to try yet. Like for Johnathan, the official Mini track days are quite expensive, usually over $500. Though I love taking my cars out on the circuit, there are so many challenging and exciting mountain drives near my house that I am spending far fewer days at the track than I did when I was younger...

Reactions: KYDan

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Twisties with friends are more fun and less expensive. I tracked the R56 JCW some and it was a competent performer. I have had some track training courses with the F56 JCW and it is better than the R for high speed handling and significantly more powerful and you can do more with the engine, the B48 is a great engine. If you want a better track car wait for the GP to be offered.

· Registered
217 Posts
Twisties with friends are more fun and less expensive. I tracked the R56 JCW some and it was a competent performer. I have had some track training courses with the F56 JCW and it is better than the R for high speed handling and significantly more powerful and you can do more with the engine, the B48 is a great engine. If you want a better track car wait for the GP to be offered.
Agree!

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a lot of programs in the States that offer track experience. SCCA has a new program called "Track Nights USA" at tracks across the country. I've had competition licenses and raced since the mid-80s, but really do not savor the costs associated with purpose-built race cars (which I still have) any more. Having the opportunity to drive high performance street cars on real race tracks is a really attractive option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.