Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mini usa announces 2017 pricing: More tech, less features & a slight price increase

Less features and a price increase well that sucks :(:( but I still would buy another one cause I love my Mini.:D:D The biggest turn off for me is that you now have to pay for the driving modes. Now that one just stinks!!!!!!! Make sure you send Mini Emails !!!!!!

MINI USA is making changes for 2017 in an effort to keep prices low while increasing standard levels of technology ahead of the 2018 refresh. The effect of this is that MINI is increases pricing only slightly:

F56 Two Door Hardtop – Cooper – $20,950 (+250) – Cooper S – $24,400 (+300) – JCW – $30,900 (+300)

F55 Four Door Hardtop – Cooper – $21,700 (+250) – Cooper S – $25,400 (+300)

Is it the right mix of features for the right price? Read on and sound off in the comments.

Additions to Standard Features

The most notable addition to the standard feature set is the 6.5″ Visual Boost Screen. Already standard on the new Clubman and Convertible, the F55 and F56 will join the newest MINIs in offering the 6.5″ high resolution screen and MINI Connected free.

Enhanced Bluetooth and Audio Streaming are also on tap as standard features across the range. This previously optional equipment allows for streaming, cover art display and full interactivity with music apps. It also includes an integration of full functionality with your device of choice. Based on our experiences with it, this is a hugely welcome addition as a standard feature. It allows you full control of your playlists and cover art. It’s just a shame that MINI couldn’t have made it free earlier.

The other big addition is the center armrest which, now also standard across the MINI range. The arm rest comes with two storage compartments and is full adjustable. While we at MF have railed MINI’s previous attempts at armrests (and the idea of them in general), we have to begrudgingly give our support for this one. It’s well designed with plenty of storage (and importantly) gets out your way when needed.

read the rest here.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2016/06...eatures-to-keep-prices-low-and-increase-tech/

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The visual boost being standard is huge! I'd have it on my 2015 JCW if it hadn't cost $500 more! I'm fine without it though given all the computer software glitches. Looks like MINI got their act together on this one!

And kudos for the better looking wheels for the F56! Those are proper sized wheels!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
02 agreed them wheels are an improvement.
Don,t know how I feel about the arm rest mine came with out one and I like it that way.
Yeah, I understand about the center console. I initially didn't order one but added it after a ride with my MA in a new JCW "after" I had placed my order. I decided to add it and I'm not sorry....I put my garage door opener in there with the usb stick, etc. I quite like having the rest for my elbow & I don't have visual boost so I don't need to use the control pad. But I can see how you don't miss it. I think it should be optional. So glad I bought a 2015....it still has the side visor & the secret compartment! ;-)

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
98 Posts
Personally, I think this is an awesome change. Having the visual boost +mini connected/enhanced bluetooth be default is definitely a huge upgrade even if you don't really care about utilizing it (the screen just makes the car's interior seem better imo). The center armrest is...whatever I guess. I don't hate it and don't love it. The fact that you can move it out of the way is nice, I just wish it actually had room to hold stuff.

While I was upset at the removal of the driving modes, it actually makes a lot of sense to include it in the sport package along with something like the dynamic damper control as that makes the driving modes that much more unique. Without the dynamic damper control, the difference between green mode/mid mode/sport mode don't feel too, too different outside of pedal feel. Bummer having something taking away, but I think the pros outweigh the cons here.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Talked to my dealer about the changes to clarify. Here's what I learned:

From July production onward, like the F57 Convertible and the F54 Clubman, the F56 and F55 Hardtops will now have Media Package STANDARD. This includes
- the 6.5” Visual Boost screen
- Bluetooth Audio
- the armrest (which as of now no longer has the Snap In Adapter pre-wiring)
- Voice Commands (including Siri/Cortana/S-Voice/etc)
- Office functions (text message notifications, email, calendar support – will depend on phone)
The base price goes up only $250 on the Cooper models and $300 on the Cooper S and JCW models.

Of course, MINI giveth and taketh away and the other important changes:
- On Cooper models, DRIVING MODES (Sport/Green) WILL NO LONGER BE STANDARD. It will be available as a standalone option ($500) or as part of the Sport Package which increases in price by $250. Sport and Green modes will still be standard on the Cooper S and JCW
- On all models, the Excitement Lighting, which includes the headlight/door handle welcome lighting, and the COLORED LIGHTS will also no longer be standard. This will now be available as a standalone option ($250) or included with the Premium Package. If the Excitement Lighting is not equipped, the car will still have ambient lighting, but orange will be the only color.

These changes only affect the Hardtops (F56/F55) – the Clubman and Convertible will .

MINI Seven pricing has also been announced at $2500 for Cooper models and $2000 for Cooper S models.
The MINI Seven Edition includes:
- MINI Seven exclusive graphics on the side scuttles and center instrument trim
- Melting Silver roof, bonnet stripes, and mirror caps
- MINI Seven door sills
- 17” MINI Seven exclusive wheels (with the 18” MINI Yours wheels available as an alternative - those are the ones pictured in OP post)
- Piano Black interior surface (MINI Yours trims available as alternatives – Cottonwood, Fiber Alloy, Off-White)
- Malt Brown color line – knee rolls and armrest (Black available as alternative)
- MINI Seven exclusive cloth/leather seats standard (Lounge leather or Cross Punch leather seats available as alternative)
- Choice of Lapisluxury Blue body paint, Pepper White, Midnight Black, or British Racing Green

I'm glad they've chosen to make BT audio and infotainment standard - not happy about the cool MINI quirks like the ambient lights and SPORT mode turning into options (although to be fair, it's like this in many countries already), but I suppose the price needs to stay down somehow - a sign MINI is still trying to keep the cars available to as many buyers as possible.

And kudos for the better looking wheels for the F56! Those are proper sized wheels!
Wheel options are mostly the same - one extra wheel is available if you order the MINI Seven package, but the standard sizes are the same.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If the 2017 convertible pricing is any indication, overall price could drop depending on options. Most of the dropped features were nice-to-have, frivolous, or even irritating depending on your point of view. I think the decision to keep prices down was very wise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.