Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It probably isn't serious in that it's likely something that will affect very few (possibly no) people who already have one. Something about the car's safety or emissions likely has to be upgraded to either be compliant or avoid a potential failure. Meaning there will be a recall, but the fix isn't on hand yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Makes me wonder if that extends to the F55, and/or if it impacts cars built this year. I haven't been able to find any info about it aside from the link in the original post.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was in the Alexander MINI dealership in Los Angeles yesterday and was told that there is an issue concerning a side impact test in the rear passenger area of the 1.5L MINI Cooper.
It wasn't a government (NTSB) test but by an independent body.
I was told that there are plans to reinforce the area affected in production starting in April. No mention was made of a recall.
The S model is not affected at the moment.
This was all told to me verbally and might not be 100% accurate.
Make your own inquiries before you take any action.
For now it appears to affect USA cars only.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mini just released a statement, http://www.motoringfile.com/2015/01...n-20142015-mini-cooper-hardtop-delivery-stop/

"Official Statement: MINI has issued a stop delivery order on certain MY 2014/2015 MINI Cooper Hardtops (not Cooper S) as we investigate a potential regulatory compliance issue. We are acting swiftly to work with the appropriate regulatory agency to assure our vehicles meet all industry standards, and are committed to maintaining our customer’s confidence in their vehicles. We will advise our dealers and customers with more details as they are finalized."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.