Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Cooper S puts me in the category of smug rich person, so of course my possessions deserve to be damaged by jealous losers apparently...:unsure:

Walked out to find a nice long scratch from the back to halfway down the door. ChipsAway said it's too much for a mobile repairer. Anyone had something similar happen? Or know any good repair places around Bucks/Berks?

·
Registered
63 Posts
ouch. sorry that happened to you. sad that it's hard to have nice things as there will always be those a**holes out there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2014 Cooper S puts me in the category of smug rich person, so of course my possessions deserve to be damaged by jealous losers apparently...:unsure:

Walked out to find a nice long scratch from the back to halfway down the door. ChipsAway said it's too much for a mobile repairer. Anyone had something similar happen? Or know any good repair places around Bucks/Berks?

View attachment 70492
Hey NVmini,

Unfortunately my Cooper sport was done the same ( uploading on my phone so will only let me upload 1 pic) I had it 5weeks!!

Went from bonnet right the the rear wheel arch. In the end due to the bonnet and size was cheaper to take the hit on my insurance (luckily go compare £250 excess cover works great) sent it into BMW and they did the lot.

People just have no respect these day for anything and well I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts

View attachment 70492
I used chips away and to be honest, 12 months later the clear coat started to peel away. They had not removed any of the trim on the front bumper just masked around it. It cost me £300 quid! I then took
It to Bmw and they did a fantastic job , took everything off and done it properly. It only cost a little more than chips away. It also came with the same warranty as the original paintwork.

·
Super Moderator
6,876 Posts
Good grief appalling, wouldn't you just like to catch them and.........hope you sort it.

·
Registered
281 Posts

View attachment 70492
That is truly awful
I cannot understand the mindset and mentality of these people

I would use use an approved MINI body shop for the peace of mind it would give and longevity of my warranty and take the hit with my insurance.

Best wishes

·
Registered
469 Posts
In Italy in my F56 JCW:

1) theft of the antenna
2) electric mirror from closed position, turned 180°
3) small accident with relative grind in the wheel arch and newly mounted OZ alloy rim
4) rubbed into the rear extractor
5) bending of the front plate and relative fracture of the black bumper strip

Damn them and fuck them !

Many sacrifices of money to buy it and keep it from God and bad people who make them useless.

🤬

·
Registered
20 Posts

View attachment 70492
ohhh 😵...I have the same Thunder Grey Mini so am imagining it on mine. There are some really NASTY, JEALOUS, PETTY people in this world!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts