Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
F56 2015 Mini Cooper - Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive recently bought a 2015 Mini Cooper. As far as I can gather it has Visual Boost. I have the 6.8 screen which also acts as reversing assist with visual distance display (not camera).

I don’t have sat nav option.

I have Bluetooth which works for phone and music streaming and all seems to be working well.

it has an iDrive controller.

I’d like to be able to use sta nav from my phone on the display in my Mini. I understand that this may be possible with Mini Connected?

One of the options on my screen is Mini Connected but when I select it, it says I need to connect via the app. I’ve downloaded the app onto my phone, but when I add my VIN number I get the error “we could not connect your vehicle, please verify the information entered”. The VIN number I’ve entered is definitely correct.

Can anyone tell me if I should automatically be able to access Mini Connected or do I need to upgrade something first?

I’d appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can't do that using Mini Connected. You need to get a CarPlay/Android auto MMI. Have a look here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't do that using Mini Connected. You need to get a CarPlay/Android auto MMI. Have a look here.
Thanks for this info. I was hoping it would be a simple software update. I’ll probably just continue to use iPhone for sat nav.

·
Registered
10 Posts
One of the options on my screen is Mini Connected but when I select it, it says I need to connect via the app. I’ve downloaded the app onto my phone, but when I add my VIN number I get the error “we could not connect your vehicle, please verify the information entered”. The VIN number I’ve entered is definitely correct.
To fully use that app, for the feature to connect, you need to have a Cellular Radio built into your MINI. For a 2015, I can tell you, you don't have it. My 2016 doesn't either.

All you can do, is make/take phone calls and view calendar meetings, though your phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To fully use that app, for the feature to connect, you need to have a Cellular Radio built into your MINI. For a 2015, I can tell you, you don't have it. My 2016 doesn't either.

All you can do, is make/take phone calls and view calendar meetings, though your phone.
Thanks for clarifying. The trouble with buying a used Mini, is that it can take some investigating to find out it’s true spec - they’re complex creations 😂

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. The trouble with buying a used Mini, is that it can take some investigating to find out it’s true spec - they’re complex creations 😂
No problem. I went thru the same frustrating process after buying my 2016. I have almost all the options, but the app would not work (like you, bad VIN).

Apparently, it wasn't until the 2019 models came out, and MINI offered the cellular radio built-in for the first time as part of their Connected package, that the app really started to work. From the MINI USA website:

And starting with Model Year 2019 vehicles, MINI Connected is significantly expanded with a suite of new features, such as emergency calling, remote door unlock, and send-to-car functionality, all thanks to the first-ever embedded cellular telematics system for MINI vehicles in the US.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you can have the VIN number before buying, you can enter it at the bimmer.work website to see which options it had when it left the factory. But I guess it's too late for that haha

Reactions: Julifriend

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you can have the VIN number before buying, you can enter it at the bimmer.work website to see which options it had when it left the factory. But I guess it's too late for that haha
My problem was attempting to figure out the content of each of the options (packages). It seem that this, changes from model year to model year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts