Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an F56 LCI1 car with wireless charging. I did a 300 mile trip today. I used CarPlay to stream audio and use Waze for pretty much the whole journey. My iPhone 11 went in the wireless charger at the start of the journey having 100% charge. At the end of the journey, despite it being on charge the whole time, it came out with 74% charge. The iPhone was warm but not hot when I took it out.

Have the newer LCI2 cars got faster Wireless Charging, or are LCI2 people experiencing similar?

I can now relate with the MINI Electric people as I have range anxiety :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
24 Posts
On some 12/13 i saw not correct charging on standard QI. If you simply don't align properly the phone, the charging field between coils is heating the magnet I think.
As iPhone 11 doesn't have MagSafe yet I don't think this is a problem. The problem can be your phone case, that is too thick and on some chargers it doesn't charge effectively. The case is also a heatshield - so the phone cannot cool down properly. I have a feeling that when it's hot, it doesn't charge well. In some cases it even shows alert that the phone is too hot and has too cool down (switching screen off, etc.)

I would suggest to try the experiment once again with phone case off, just charging bare iPhone body.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think it's just crap / slow tbh. I've noticed it with my iPhone 12 and it's very slow to charge, with and without the case on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts