Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for all the newbie questions but how do I get the Mini connected app to work? Do I need the massively overpriced Y cable?

I have a MCS, no visual boost but the Chilli pack. Music and titles etc work fine with just the Apple lightning cable but can't get the app to work.

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I think. I can't log in to the app. Don't have the car yet to set anything up with the car, but if the app doesn't even let me log in to it then why have it?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The app is for MINI Connected and you need Visual boost or Media for it to work.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I think. I can't log in to the app. Don't have the car yet to set anything up with the car, but if the app doesn't even let me log in to it then why have it?
Assuming your car will meet requirements to run it here, but I've heard of this issue. Depending on your phone, try uninstalling it and re-installing. That's worked for a number of people. Once you get it to start up then you can link your facebook and twitter accounts to Connected.

Since I have an Android, I get a somewhat truncated version of the app, and while the facebook function is nearly worthless for anything but posting the little canned status updates (which you can edit... and that can be fun ha), the Twitter is actually pretty nice, especially on long trips. It's entertaining to have it read your feed to you. I've also found the internet search function to not only work, but work really well as a companion to the Nav. Keeps you from having to pick up your phone and use google to find an address to hand enter an address etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times. I have cleared the cache and history, but it still will not let me sign in. Phone is upto date, app is up to date. Still no luck. I am running android lollipop which I feel is not the best Os as of right now. Hopefully they update to the next version soon.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times. I have cleared the cache and history, but it still will not let me sign in. Phone is upto date, app is up to date. Still no luck. I am running android lollipop which I feel is not the best Os as of right now. Hopefully they update to the next version soon.
That's odd... I'm running the same OS on my Galaxy S5 and it worked fine. In fact, they just did an upgrade to Mini Connected app that gave us a few more sub-apps. What phone do you have?

·
Registered
505 Posts
They can't even keep their own documentation halfway straight. I'm looking at the app right now on Google Play and it still shows Facebook as part of the app... but not the web search or MINIMALISM... what a dumpster fire.

Just looking through the comments, Escho, you are by far not alone... this version of the app won't open for a lot of people. Anybody with the previous version (like me) better not upgrade... wow

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
For Android users, the app is next to useless. Doesn't really do much and Facebook support is being dropped due to a change in policies by Facebook.

For iOS, you get 3rd party app integration, which can be useful. It works for Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music, GoPro, TuneIn, and a few others.

That being said, I never use it because Bluetooth audio is just easier for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's odd... I'm running the same OS on my Galaxy S5 and it worked fine. In fact, they just did an upgrade to Mini Connected app that gave us a few more sub-apps. What phone do you have?
I have the s6 EDGE. I wasn't really expecting a lot of the features to actually work, but the fact that I can't even log in is kind of strange.:(

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have the s6 EDGE. I wasn't really expecting a lot of the features to actually work, but the fact that I can't even log in is kind of strange.
Looks like a bunch of peeps are having the same issue. I guess if it makes any of us feel any better, the BMW app doesn't seem to be getting any good reviews either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts