Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MiniNavPro is proud to announce that we can offer Customer Update of the navigation system map for model years 2010 and later that use hard drive based navigation systems (DVD based navigation systems are excluded). We can help you with Customer Update of your your Mini to the latest 2016 maps at a fraction of the price it would cost though Dealer Update.

The 2016 map updates include new roads, named places (Points of Interest), Addresses, as well as offers more of an array of 3D graphics for many areas. Road networks change fast yearly and to get the most out of your navigation system you have to update the maps to incorporate these changes. Think of how much has changed over the years and what you are missing by not keeping your map current!

For those interested in the details of the Customer Update process, and how this is possible, please read on.

Since the introduction of hard drive based navigation almost a decade ago, BMW AG has given away the map data itself. Initially, the only cost associated with the map data was only a few dollars to cover the costs of the distribution media itself (Blank DVD's or USB Flash Drives), and these media costs no longer exist with online downloads. Five years ago you could order from BMW AG the map media only (3 DVD's in case of PREMIUM Map for CIC Head Unit) for only $9, or you could order the same map media with an FSC Code and it cost $309. What BMW AG sells is the FSC Code required to install the Map, and that is only what we sell. This FSC Code is based on a complex mathematical algorithm using VIN data, Map Region, and Map Type, and the result itself of this algorithm is not copyright protected anymore more than the result of 2 + 2 = 4 could be copyrighted.

The end result is that the customer gets an original OEM Map and the same identical FSC Code as what can be purchased though dealership, albeit at a fraction of the cost, and no piracy involved. And as for warranty concerns, the head Unit warranty remains in tact as both the map and the FSC Code are identical to that which you would receive from dealership, so there is no basis for denying a warranty claim.

Lastly, there also is not any requirement for Dealership to perform Map Update as some may think. In fact, Customer Update is sanctioned and encouraged by BMW AG, as you can read here:

So if someone wants to update their maps to the latest 2016 MOVE Map or 2016-2 NEXT Map without spending a fortune, we are happy to help, and for those that choose to go through dealership and pay 5x - 6x as much, or not update at all, We respect that too. We are just providing a legitimate alternative here for MINI owners.

For those interested, please email us at [email protected] or PM us for more info and get started on the process of updating your mini at a fraction of the cost!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a quick +1 for this new vendor.

I just got done with my second update using MiniNavPro with my F56 -- I wanted new maps for my Mini Takes The States 2016 trip. On the F56, it's about a 40 minute update from the time you plug in the USB until it will show the new version (you keep pressing right from the nav screen on the controller, it takes you first to split screen contents, but then keep going right and you will finally see the nav software version -- this is the same way to get back to the update status screen if you happen to leave the update status screen).

I realize I have very low posts here, but I use the same handle over at North American Motoring and have 750+ posts over there :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another +1 for MiniNavPro.
Was a little bit concerned due to lack of method to contact MiniNavPro except for the e-mail address - but went for it anyway.
Surprisingly, response time was very quick. Timezone difference notwithstanding (I believe he.she is located literally on the other side of the globe from where I am), it only took 14 hours between my initial email and the updated map being installed (including several back-and-forth clarification emails, payment through PayPal, and the 2-3 hours I needed to download the map files). I successfully updated my NEXT SouthEast Asia map from 2014B to 2016-2 on my MCS.
Thank you, MiniNavPro.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just chiming in: I haven't used them personally, but they have a good reputation on other boards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just completed an update on my F55s with no problems at all. Works like a treat.

Fast response and clear instructions provided.

Only issue I had was with my PC and Internet connection.... I hate PCs...?

Would highly recommend these guys, with the cost saving, it's a no-brainer.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just completed an update on my F55s with no problems at all. Works like a treat.

Fast response and clear instructions provided.

Only issue I had was with my PC and Internet connection.... I hate PCs...?

Would highly recommend these guys, with the cost saving, it's a no-brainer.
Glad to have helped, and thanks for your sharing your experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Am interested about the maps update service you offer but it seems that the e-mail provided in your original post isn't working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Map update for 2012 Mini Countryman

I am interested in updated maps for my 2012 Mini Countryman. How much do they cost? Your email does not work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can get the maps from this UK based company. I got the 2017 full EU update last year from them without any issues. Easy to follow instructions to load.

2018 is now out but I'm waiting for the next update as they release 2 - 3 a year.

https://bmw-navi-maps.co.uk/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts