Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Motoring File

Earlier this week we began hearing rumors of a sales stop of all F55 and F56 MINIs in the U.S. So we went straight to the source and asked MINIUSA for any official info on the stop. So forget the rumors, here are the facts.

MINUSA has issued a delivery stop (not a Sales Stop) on MINI Cooper Hardtops (2 door & 4 door models) in order to remove a label that is no longer applicable from the vehicle. The removal process takes less than two minutes. Once removed the vehicles can be retailed or delivered as scheduled.

From our understanding this primarily affects cars currently at dealers or in transit to dealers. Most everything else should be dealt with at the port of entry.

While the fix will take only two minutes, printing and shipping the labels will take a few days. Therefore delivery times may increase by a couple of days for cars currently at dealers or the port.

·
Registered
505 Posts
They sure have some issues with stickers. Wasn't there a delay fiasco around the end of last year because they had the wrong stickers on the cars? Cray...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The sticker is regarding the oil type needed for the cars and isn't required by U.S. regulations, but the wording on the sticker doesn't meet U.S. laws. It seems odd that there are laws regarding the wording on a sticker that isn't required! Once it is removed the cars can be delivered, from my understanding the labels won't be replaced.

I'm sure MINI has it's hands full trying to keep all of the varying laws sorted out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My car has been delayed because of this. Stupid. Was supposed to get it today but they are now saying next Thursday. All for a stupid sticker.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
My car has been delayed because of this. Stupid. Was supposed to get it today but they are now saying next Thursday. All for a stupid sticker.
That's a bummer man! Well, look at it this way...you only have another week. I have until mid-August! :( They better get the dumb sticker thing worked out by then! Hopefully, some other issue won't crop up. It'll be worth the wait though..hang in there!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Really? That sucks! It takes less than five minutes to remove the sticker with a heat gun.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wording on a Sticker to meet US Law that is just plain crazy but it only takes one good Lawyer to get a new Motor from BMW if somebody puts the wrong Oil in the Crank Case. The Sticker removal is no Problem it is the Paperwork as it says further down in the Memo.:eek: Maybe BMW should put a box of Crayons in the Glove Box and we duddle our own Stickers:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
My MINI is finally at the port. I'm HOPING that the longish delay between 'released to a carrier' and 'at port awaiting vessel' means that they dealt with the sticker problem while my MINI was sitting in Oxford.

Reactions: Escho83

·
Registered
505 Posts
If they didn't do it in the factory, it's more likely they will deal with it at the VDC where they are set up to do factory level repairs and such.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
If they didn't do it in the factory, it's more likely they will deal with it at the VDC where they are set up to do factory level repairs and such.
That's probably the case, as I recently was told by my dealer that my rally lights will be installed at the Port of Entry too, not at the dealer, which surprised me. I hope they know what they are doing!

·
Registered
505 Posts
They did a sweet job on my side scuttles, that much is certain. My little buddy was perfect when he got off the truck, so whatever they are doing at the VDC, they can just keep on doing it.

·
Banned
122 Posts
I'm waiting for mine to come from the dealer here in Italy. Apparently it's taking way longer than expected (per the sales guy down the street). o_O

·
Registered
111 Posts
I looked at the WW website today...
https://www.2wglobal.com/
...and interestingly/oddly enough my MINI was originally booked for the ELEKTRA which sailed out of Southampton on the 7th. I'm hoping the reason it was 'returned to shipper' was the 'wrong sticker' problem.

But my MINI shows as 'loaded on vessel' on the DON JUAN as of this morning and into NYC on the 21st. Woohoo!

Reactions: Tiger and Evlkarl
1 - 13 of 13 Posts