Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really impressed with my 2014 Thunder Grey S but I have noticed the following :-

It is not easy to see the top of the speedometer

The heated rear screen switch on indication light is obscured by the heater control

Anyone else noticed these niggles

I do have the driver's seat at maximum height which probably makes the situation a bit worse

Also no interior light for rear seat passengers - the 5 door Coopers do have one

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, I have noticed these issues! I adjusted the steering wheel height so that I can see the speedo fully at my seat position.

Agree about the rear light, I have an F56 3 door but use the back seats instead of the boot sometimes. Wonder how easy it is to retrofit the F55 rear light?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

I am going to adjust the seating position to improve things

The rear light thing just seems to be an oversight on Mini's part

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have trouble seeing the tachometer. Speedo's fine, but tach is too dark, especially when I'm wearing sunglasses.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi, I have noticed these issues! I adjusted the steering wheel height so that I can see the speedo fully at my seat position.

Agree about the rear light, I have an F56 3 door but use the back seats instead of the boot sometimes. Wonder how easy it is to retrofit the F55 rear light?
The rear light is in fact central to the headlining between the front and rear seats.
Possibly retrofittable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I noticed during my test drive that I couldn't easily see the top of the speedometer. I wasn't overly concerned since I was planning on getting the HUD anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts