Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 23 year old daughter came home for Christmas and I haven't seen my brand new 2015 Mini Cooper since then. It only had 800 miles on it. She has driven it everywhere. She flies back to Alberquerque on the 6th but I think she is going to putting about 1500 miles on it by then.
Would anybody else let their daughter drive their new mini? At least I feel that I'm creating a future mini owner.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have had my MINI for about six weeks and so far my 22 year old daughter has not driven it. I'm hesitant to let her drive my dream car and she is nervous in case she does something to my baby. So the feelings are mutual!

My 19 year old daughter on the other hand has declared that she has no doubt I would choose my MINI over her if it ever came down to it. I detect some jealousy!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Oh **** no.

The Female Offspring is a great kid (US Air Force Academy class of 2018), but she has way too much lead in those pretty little feet. My Volcanic Orange baby is far too precious for such a treatment, especially since it only has 500 miles on it.

Her male siblings are mellow, but clueless and would destroy the clutch in 30 seconds.

Nope. No way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I eventually put my partner on the insurance after three years+ of asking that was for the clubman,the new 5 door argh thats gonna be hard is that one. But to please her i may have to,but the excuses i'm sure will come thick and fast when i get it...

I just struggle with the thought of it lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
At the dealership, I was happy to consider the kids (20-yr old son with his own Subaru and 22-yr old daughter typically away at college) and husband driving my new car; they drove the R50 all the time. But I've had it home for 2 1/2 weeks and no one has asked to drive it --and I haven't offered.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
I've had to make my wife drive mine. Since the arm is only slowly getting better and her car is too small to go away in she drove mine to our lovely rivieux abbey cottage with me as the nervous passenger. She was fine btw.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hannah has been driving for five accident free years in her VW rabbit and she typically drives about 20,000 miles a year. But it still makes me nervous. I told her she couldn't use sports mode in the "running in" period, which ends when she returns my car!
She can't believe that she gets waves and beeps from fellow mini drivers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts