Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crying: well it went into dealer last Thursday as had a few niggels we wanted addressed, we got brand new cooper clubman Auto in the new silver colour.
It's a good car but not a patch on the JCW.
Ok just a heads up for others, noise from steering as expected needs new slip ring cassette behind steering wheel, new seat back as have been told should have been checked before left factory as lugs broken.
Seals treated and windows adjusted in to stop rattles.
Door seals getting looked at and paint rub repaired and fix applied hopefully.
DRL's updated as was puma out on them
They are looking at seat noises to see if can fix squeaks.
Stereo speaker crackles and Bluetooth issues , they are aware of this and said they have fix for this.
Well seems a big list but can't wait to get car back they are waiting for seat back that is coming from Germany in a week but slip ring in stock.
Can't wait to get it back>:D

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Hope you get your ride back very soon :)

What year/month is yours?

I have a Cooper, Nov 15, I get a noise when turning, like something rubbing, it's from within the steering column I'd say.

Can't say I've noticed anything with seat backs, but never been in the back, if fact no one has..

DRLs?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Seems the slip ring common one just ask the dealer to check and don't let them grease it only will need replaced, my main concern was paint rub from seals had gone through lacquer and part of top coat already so wanted done, so back to fun again.
DRL's was to do with brightness not sure if they just code them brighter or there is some software issue it was just when I called about other stuff they said they need to get it sorted as our car was on the system

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Hope you get it back quickly Derek......I don't let mine out of my sight! Like leaving your baby with a new baby sitter! LOL!

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I assume you're using JC, in Aberdeen or Dundee? - I had mine in at Aberdeen the other week was dealing with Paul Jobson, great service.

Yes Aberdeen and Paul is contact car will be with them a couple of weeks to get all addressed and video been sent explaining what needs replaced and what's been looked at and agreed so far very good.
Did you get the seat Squeak sorted? as typical never did it when they took a drive but they are trying it with someone more my weight to see.
What did you need looked at?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes Aberdeen and Paul is contact car will be with them a couple of weeks to get all addressed and video been sent explaining what needs replaced and what's been looked at and agreed so far very good.
Did you get the seat Squeak sorted? as typical never did it when they took a drive but they are trying it with someone more my weight to see.
What did you need looked at?
https://video.citnow.com/vtWwrsNJ3j0

The zip up the back of the seat had got caught in the seat base mechanism and was causing the squeak, they ended up replacing the entire seat base. Squeak now stopped.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
https://video.citnow.com/vtWwrsNJ3j0

The zip up the back of the seat had got caught in the seat base mechanism and was causing the squeak, they ended up replacing the entire seat base. Squeak now stopped.
Ok this is great was it a rattle in the seat or a squeak when you sat or moved about on seat base or if weight on side bolsters etc? just looking to see if ours may be same with them tucking the zip in same place, thanks Derek

·
Registered
97 Posts
It was a squeak all the time, especially when on one was sitting in the seat and when it was lowered all the way down. It was really load too, like you could hear it over the HK dialed up to 11.

Paul was explaining that there is a known fault with squeaking seats to do with the torque applied to the bolts where the base meets the back, this was fixed at the factory a year or so ago but this wasn't the fault on mine.

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok that's great will see what they say re the seat in big build and seat always at bottom and about late 15's in weight so always ok with wife just me, but very annoying , good info that is ours was built may 15 so could be the bolts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well clubman cooper was a great car for two weeks and was so smooth and just lacked grunt , well JCW back new badges , seat back sorted new cassette in steering column stereo Bluetooth glitches sorted and new door seals and paint repair should be agreed within a month from head office .
Was great to get it back so the fun continues and the little giggly things resolved

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I had to wait 16 months for my door fix! But I was the first to report to JC. I go straight the Phil with my issues now .... ping off an email and he phones me back :) first name terms now (unfortunately!)

My colour is coming off my side scuttle (the S is now red/silver) but I will ask them about that when it does into service. Also my foglights are so gummed up that the condensation is not starting to run. Not sure how to dry them out myself......

But everything else is fixed ..... yaaaaaaaaaay!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm not gonna let them do the door fix on my JCW as I have the 3M film on there & it's perfect underneath! I wouldn't mind the new gaskets on the door if they are the rough style & it's an easy swap out....otherwise I won't let them touch the car other than new oil & filter. I will be going in for 1 year inspection in June or July....still under 700 miles lol!

Glad your JCW is sorted Derek!

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.