Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

First post on this forum. I just wondered if you guys could help. Sorry in advance, it's a bit long winded.

I recently ordered a new mini under the £1000 deposit dealer contribution offer that was advertised to promote the new '15 plate reg.

Before going to the dealer I specced my perfect Mini on the online configurator so I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted when I went to the garage.

When I got there I was told I could not have a build to order Mini with the £1000 dealer contribution. They found me a car that was very similar in spec to what I was after, most importantly it was Deep Blue with black roof and Chili pack which is what I wanted.

I never asked about the visual boost radio because I knew (thought I knew) that it was included in the Chili pack.

Now my car has arrived (I haven't picked it up yet) I had a look and it has the standard radio. I was quite disappointed because I was really looking forward to having the visual boost and think the regular display looks quite old fashioned especially when it was not what i was expecting.

From reading posts on this forum I can see that the Visual boost has only recently been made part of Chili and Pepper packs and obviously because my car was not build to order, it must have been built before this was the case.

When I ordered the MINI i showed the guy the finance example i had seen on the website (This included visual boost) and this is what my finance was based on, albeit a little bit MORE expensive because I wanted a blue one.

What I'm basically asking is, do you guys think I have a right to complain? Expect compensation of any sort? I have been told it can not be retrofitted and although the chilli pack now includes it, it is more expensive, but I'm pretty sure this is the price I have paid! So i've paid for a more expensive chili pack that does not include the visual boost. I was so excited to get my mini and now I'm just feeling a little dissapointed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would cancel the deal and go to another dealer.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yep this would be a simple one for me, don't complete the order, the car is not as you speced or was advised. Dealer will have a few choices to make, but I am sure they will sort it out. I very much doubt Visual Boost can be retro fitted, and you will regret not having it, let alone the resale value of not having it when all 15 plate cars will have it as standard. I think your dealer should have been 100% clear on what you was getting given this car existed when your order was placed. But I can't see why you think compensation is due??? I would be happy to get my deposit back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

I am waiting for my dealer to call me back, he was not in today. I will ask if they can source me an alternative car with the visual boost.

If not I'm wondering wether or not to just take the car as the £1000 dealer contribution offer is no longer available and so I could end up paying more.

In regards to the compensation comment i made, what i meant was, if i take the car should i be entitled to some money off as it would appear i have paid the current asking price for an older cooper that does not include visual boost.

EDIT: Also I think if the £1000 offer was subject to having an older chili pack without visual boost then this should have been made clear

·
Registered
283 Posts
From what I can tell from the configurator the old Chilli pack without visual boost was £2250 and the new Chilli pack with it is £2450. Visual boost is £260 if ordered without the Chilli pack.
Visual boost has only been included on the Chilli pack for the past 4 or 5 weeks so there will be lots of cars 2015 cars around both 64 and 15 reg's without Visual boost.
I would think your alternatives are to negotiate a further discount, find a similar unregistered car with VB or order a car with it which may mean waiting weeks and may also cost several hundred pound more.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
I'd go for a bit of cash back ! See what you can get out of them!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Id forget about the £1000, it just means they give what you would have got on any car if you haggled.

work out what you want the most...

Colour? then accept the car without VB (I wouldn't if it was me)

VB? then get the dealer to source a different coloured car with VB.

Both? Tell the dealer you don't want it, but want to spec a new one...then haggle like mad.... The ball is definitely in your court on this one as you can threaten to walk and go to another dealer, and they wont want you to do that, and they will probably want to make you happy)

·
Registered
11 Posts
No VB

I wanted VB but bought a well-priced delivery mileage car without it. You lose a set of rear speakers and a nice display, but from what I can see everything else works the same, albeit from two dashboard controls rather than a 'mouse'. Certainly looks nice, but not a deal breaker for me. But if the cost of having it has been factored into a deal, it really needs to be factored back out...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a similar dilemma but ended up leaving the VB. My dealer got pretty close to the spec I wanted and I needed a car quickly. Figured I'd rather have the full leather, LED headlights etc rather than the VB. For me they are worth more at resale and the standard radio is perfectly acceptable for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep I ordered end of Feb and as mine was going to be an April delivery the Visual boost was added because of the Chilli pack (I had to pay an extra £200 for this) I also had no choice over the matter either.

If you don't want it because of the radio cancel the order, but I bet they find you one with it in :0):)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Guys

Just incase anyone was interested, I ended up taking the car anyway.

They threw in some bonnet stripes, (wow i know) but I don't regret taking the car because I love it to bits.

I also had a play around with a friends Mini which has the visual boost and it really doesn't add any extra functionality from what I can tell, it just looks nicer and you get the rear speakers so I'm not too fussed. Plus id still be waiting now for the car and not worth it imo

·
Registered
6 Posts
See when it was built. Open driver door and look at the plate bottom left on the door pillar.
Probably last years build, in stock that the dealer is looking to shift.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The VB also comes with the MINI connected as part of the pack (for what its worth). Also the latest cars (certainly those March onwards with VB) have Bluetooth audio streaming as standard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.