Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I could not success to hear any sound for sports driving. Is there anybody who hears the sports driving sound?

My Mini does not have the mini driving mode. Does it a fact for this?
I just enable sports driving under the mission control, but I could not hear any thing about driving.

Have a nice Miniing

·
Registered
68 Posts
:)
Hi,
I could not success to hear any sound for sports driving. Is there anybody who hears the sports driving sound?

My Mini does not have the mini driving mode. Does it a fact for this?
I just enable sports driving under the mission control, but I could not hear any thing about driving.

Have a nice Miniing
I haven't tried mission control yet but I'll give it a go on my way home tonight - is it a cooper sport you have or just a cooper? :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I tried mission control on the way home - mine only has two options, 'urban' and 'minimalism' neither of which had any effect on the exhaust sound.

You may be thinking of the cooper sport which apparently pipes enhanced exhaust noise into the cabin when you select sport mode.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks @radriderx actually I mean the driving behavior sounds. I want to hear some exciting comments from Mini when you are on full throttle. When I check on youtube I found some voices like this but it does not work on my mini.
Ah! yes there was male and female voices talking about climate control and engine temperature etc - I didn't really pay much attention lol.

I'll try it again tomorrow.

Rad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah! yes there was male and female voices talking about climate control and engine temperature etc - I didn't really pay much attention lol.

I'll try it again tomorrow.

Rad

@radriderx Do you have mini driving mode feature? It may be all about with this feature.
I am trying everyday for the sports driving with different behaviours on throttle and fast turns but still there is no attention for me:(

·
Registered
68 Posts
@radriderx Do you have mini driving mode feature? It may be all about with this feature.
I am trying everyday for the sports driving with different behaviours on throttle and fast turns but still there is no attention for me:(
Hi flysurfer,
Yes I have the mini modes option. I tried it again on the way home yesterday, it does make comments like 'I can feel the road better' and 'be more mini' when in sport mode and it 'takes a rest' when back to mid mode. It also comments when you open the sun roof or change the climate control settings but so far no comments on how 'sporty' I'm driving - maybe I'm not driving sporty enough to impress it ;) (note to self: drive more sporty in future)

I'll keep updating if it changes.

Rad

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does it ever say: "I'm trying really hard to be annoying"?
Well sometimes Climate makes a tantrum because you aren't trying to break with your engine or anticipate the next stop does that counts :D

It's true that it's not for everyone but I just love Mission Control and so far they have managed to hear something new every once in a while, the best one so far:

- ENGINE: I dreamed that we were a Mini that could talk
- COACH: Sadly we are not, but cool idea though

Now about the Driving Excitement app and Mission Control, Mission Control only has two themes: Urban and Minimalism, the first one only has three options MINI Status, Sporty Driving Style and Climate control while the MINIMALISM theme has four and it pairs with the Minimalism App so you definitely get a lot of pointers and subjects along the way if you have that app activated.

If you activate the Driving Excitement sadly Mission Control doesn't talk that often (almost never) maybe in the future we will get a Driving Excitement theme for Mission Control but for now if you want your Mini to talk I suggest that you use the Minimalism theme and app.

PS My cooper S doesn't have the driving mode selector also

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi flysurfer,
Yes I have the mini modes option. I tried it again on the way home yesterday, it does make comments like 'I can feel the road better' and 'be more mini' when in sport mode and it 'takes a rest' when back to mid mode. It also comments when you open the sun roof or change the climate control settings but so far no comments on how 'sporty' I'm driving - maybe I'm not driving sporty enough to impress it ;) (note to self: drive more sporty in future)

I'll keep updating if it changes.

Rad
Hi Rad,
Thanks for the good news. I have no mini driving mod, I guess you can not get it aftermarket product. I need to change my Mini:)

Thanks
UF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.