Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i have a build number for my new Mini, is there a way of tracking the build at the factory ?

I remember somebody saying some time ago there was somewhere on the web that you input the build number and watch the progress.....

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Sadly i think this is more for overseas members who can see when the car is on the boat etc. In the uk the dealer should be able to give you a build date when they get the chassis number but other than that there isn't much for us. Sad but the car only takes a few hours to build so i suppose once it is started it is nearly finished!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jezzer is right.

How good is your dealer? Mine was emailing me almost daily with the progress of my car, it was a bit like having your staff check the tracker for you.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
In the US we have a toll free number you can call for updates but in my experience it's always a few days behind. My saleswoman was much better informed and updated me several times, keeping in mind that mine was built the week after it was ordered.
Once it was on a boat which she knew the name of I tracked its voyage on a maritime site. There are several VDC's in the US, the one for my region is just 40 miles from my dealer. It arrived on December 21 and I picked it up on December 26.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
ASK-MINI has my car "scheduled for production, with no confirmed production date". For the past month. Starting to twitch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts