Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a brand new Mini One in moonwalk grey yesterday. Love the new interior. This is my third mini. Was really undecided on the colours because quite frankly, none of them really floated my boat! But decided on this. Really wanted a gun metal grey but couldn't have it on this model.

Freaked out a bit yesterday, didn't fall in love with it like I was hoping. 24 hours later, it's starting to grow on me. Luckily I paid for back window tinting and bonnet stripes, as if it was totally plain, I think I would be disappointed.

Booked in to have to roof wrapped in black gloss on Monday. Think it will transform the look, too much grey as it stands. It's a funny colour and I don't know what to make of it! Expensive mistake to make otherwise! Am I seeing something different to everyone else?

· Registered
969 Posts
Moonwalk was on my short list, and may well have won over VO if it had also been a free colour.

Chandlerbing has got some pics up of his recent purchase, I was going to suggest white roof but you've already got stripes which I assume are black.

Get some pics up too.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post some pics tomo hopefully, of what I've already done. I think the black gloss roof will offset the grey a little and make it look a bit sportier (cooper tastes on a one budget sadly ?) I'm already warming to it. Just wish there was the option of a darker grey considering I paid nearly £500 extra but oh well. It looks quite smart. I'll take some 'after' shots too, sure it'll transform the car and by next week, I won't regret my decision! Thinking of getting the wheels done a bit later on too. Lovely to drive though and the new interior is really smart. Got the upgraded multimedia system too which is good.

· Registered
506 Posts
8 months ago I was in the same position and the options I had were White silver, blazing red and moonwalk grey. I went with blazing red and after 24 hours I changed it to moonwalk grey and I kept on thinking that I made the biggest mistake by going for MWG.

How wrong was I, my car is now 8 months old and I still find the colour so attractive. It has a few tints which you'll notice in different lighting conditions.

You wouldn't beleive, I choose MWG every time I go on MINI configurator to build a new MINI..

Here is a link of a mod I did which lifted the colour a bit.

http://www.minif56.com/forum/289-mini-f56-general-discussion/35778-my-latest-mod-opinions-pls.html

I am sure you are going to love the colour..

Saurabh

· Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Absolute worst case and the colour is not growing on you, another option is to wrap the car in a different colour, the wrap will also protect the original paint from scratches and chips etc.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm starting to really like the colour now. I'm getting the roof wrapped anyway as I like the contrast.

However I can't see your picture?? It won't download ? loads of top minis on this site with the same colour, I think it's a grower!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.