• rebel green

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I have my order in place,mini cooper SD,but i am really indecisive regarding the exterior colour.
I am going with a black profile,black cosmos rims + black roof
chrome mirror caps
black bonnet stripes
exterior chrome line
and some jcw details on the exterior.

If u could help me decide with the colour. Moonwalk or thunder grey??

Regards

Gate7

·
Registered
35 Posts

I attached a picture of mine. moonwalk grey for a 2015 mini cooper S which i got last month. It's a tad darker in the picture due to the shade, but still a cool color. Tinted with black rims, black mirrors, and black roof. It does have black racing stripes on the hood. I initially wanted thunder grey but the dealer couldn't find one with all the options (i.e. Roof rails, comfort access) I wanted. The moonwalk grey will not show scratches as much as a the thunder grey will. Moonwalk grey is growing on me more and more each day.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I voted moonwalk grey. I wasn't thrilled about the color when I first saw it, but now that I've had it for a while, I absolutely love it. Doesn't show the dirt like the darker colors and looks stunning when polished up. Also shows off the black roof and stripes well. Nice contrast.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I believe you will see responses that are positive regarding both colors. I know it won't help you much if it's a 50/50 response, but that'll likely be what the result is, since both colors have their attributes.

While I tend to go for the darker colors, I also own a vintage cream white car (similar to Pepper White), and I love that color. I also love Black! See the problem?

It's up to you in the end, so go with your gut on this one...you can't make the wrong choice between these two greys! ;)

Cheers,

John

Reactions: Gate7

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went for thunder grey. I got stuck like you when picking the colour but I preferred the darkness of thunder grey. Also, these nice photos of the TG/black mini helped me make my mind up: http://premiummoto.pl/mini-cooper-s-f56-zdjecia/

Check out my post in this forum from the other day for my SD which is in thunder grey with black stripes/roof/wheels. I do have chrome line and chrome mirror caps like the mini shown via that link.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have MG and no regrets what so ever. Doesn't look dirty unlike black or white. I like the MG and black contrast especially on MCS as it has a lot of black plasctics around (bonnet scoop, air vents etc).

Rest is up to you. Don't listen to us, If I had gone by the voting and suggestions then I would have bought a red MC but I went with my gut feel and truly in love with the colour.

Saurabh

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got the Moonwalk and really love it. Black roof, wheels and bonnet stripes really set it off. The final touch was a 50% window tint all around. I cannot believe the compliments I get specifically on the color of the car. I think that the lightness of the grey really works in contrast with the black accents.

ps: I do not dislike the Thunder one bit, but can't afford two of these beauties ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got the Moonwalk and really love it. Black roof, wheels and bonnet stripes really set it off. The final touch was a 50% window tint all around. I cannot believe the compliments I get specifically on the color of the car. I think that the lightness of the grey really works in contrast with the black accents.

ps: I do not dislike the Thunder one bit, but can't afford two of these beauties ;)

Same here. Compliments. You can see my Moonwalk Grey pic at the beginning of the thread. I had the dealership swap out my separated racing stripes for the sports stripes over the weekend. The stripes are not on the roof but I don't think it matters as it's a black roof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.