Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of good Info and pictures in this article about the JCW.:)

Today we go in-depth with the 2016 JCW MINI. However if you’d like to take a step back and read something a bit more high level first, head over to our appropriately named High Level Review of the car, which Alex published yesterday. Now, read on for our first take of the new MINI JCW in both auto and manual forms.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2015/07/27/motoringfile-review-the-2016-f56-mini-jcw/

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Very nice write-up. I agree with almost everything the writer said. Couple things of note:

1. This statement I believe he meant to say 2016, not 2015, since the sport suspension was available on the 2015 MCS correct?

The only exclusive suspension is the standard (and passive) sport suspension that is actually 20% stiffer than the adaptive option. We know how that feels since we have it on our long term Cooper S test car. But for 2015 MINI has made the sport suspension exclusive to the JCW, effectively positioning the JCW as the most hardcore model if that’s the way you want to spec it.

2. I cannot agree that the JCW Cloth seats are better than the JCW Dinamica Leather.. Although I quite like the cloth the white stripe design doesn't blend in with the color scheme on the JCW quite as well as the red lined suede leather (it is just soooo much more classy imo).

As for the review including the Preference for the MANUAL Trans, it is spot on!!!

Reactions: Evlkarl
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.