Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been less than impressed with the number of accessories available for my new F56 S, but just noticed that minimania.com now has the mud flaps available. They go for $100 for front and rear. Now if they would release my rear-mount bike rack...

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I have been less than impressed with the number of accessories available for my new F56 S, but just noticed that minimania.com now has the mud flaps available. They go for $100 for front and rear. Now if they would release my rear-mount bike rack...
I'm sure the aftermarket will catch up with the F56 shortly. I would also like a rear mounted bike rack. have you heard anything about one?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read that Europe already has one in the $580 (equivalent) range, plus $150 to get the car brain tweaked to run the tail lights, but that is it. The dealer just says, "It is coming...".
I have also read that it will resemble the latest BMV rear-mount rack.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Check the price from your dealer. Some re-sellers sell parts on for more than the actual price.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have read that Europe already has one in the $580 (equivalent) range, plus $150 to get the car brain tweaked to run the tail lights,
It's surprising that it isn't available already as it looks like it will be a 'standard' BMW/Mini bicycle rack - but the sockets are further apart than in the 2nd generation cars, so they need to make it slightly different.

I don't think the extra lights are considered necessary for the US market so the rack might be the same price but you should avoid the coding cost.

It's a decent piece of kit that works well, so should be worth the wait. The 2nd Generation one has a UK price of GBP 410 so that's more like USD 700 at today's exchange rates.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how cars are bought and sold in other countries, but most US car companies have accessories available before or at the same time as the new car comes out. US consumers are much more likely to buy a $700 option at time of vehicle purchase than to wait until months later, as in the first case the cost can be added to the loan. I feel like MINI is forfeiting a huge opportunity to sell accessories by waiting to release them. Did I mention I really want my bike rack? :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
The mud flaps look good, but the catch very little mud. Cosmetic only.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Check the price from your dealer. Some re-sellers sell parts on for more than the actual price.
The price IS $100 inc. tax, from the dealer in So Cal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts