Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know our little babies get really dirty in this rottern weather we're getting and have been wondering do the mud flaps really help to keep the sides and rear of the car cleaner for longer or is it a case they make no difference at all...and are they available yet for the F55.

ALSO

Has anyone else noticed that connect your iphone with the lightning lead it will play music that you have purchased rather than the Spotify playlist you were listening previously is there a way to stop this other than than opening the app again .

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been contemplating Mud Flaps for my F56, there are a few threads on the interweb from people that have fitted them along with pictures. My impression is that in reality they provide limited protection by virture of their compact and bijou design however as they say "every little helps"!

Regards Bob

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've been contemplating Mud Flaps for my F56, there are a few threads on the interweb from people that have fitted them along with pictures. My impression is that in reality they provide limited protection by virture of their compact and bijou design however as they say "every little helps"!

Regards Bob
"every little helps"....well said...it is better than nothing.
It helps to keep the back window clean......however
it will not stop the dirt and overspray entirely ....
and helps to keeps down the dirt on the
back of the car and lower part do the doors.....I am glad I had them installed.
They are low profile, not sticking out like a sore thumb like other care manuf.
Just my two Canadian Cents.....(now worth 1 cent US)...LOL

·
Registered
890 Posts
They are subtle and attractive, and suit the car.
They must help a bit with the dirt issue but I fitted mine on the day
I got the car, so can't compare before and after.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that connect your iphone with the lightning lead it will play music that you have purchased rather than the Spotify playlist you were listening previously is there a way to stop this other than than opening the app again .

Thanks in advance.
This is done on the phone side - if the app isn't used for awhile, it essentially closes the app to free up memory for other running programs, so that when you plug your phone in, or fire up bluetooth audio, it opens the stock apple music app. This behaves similarly with other cars.

It can be a pain for me too when I get in my car in the morning before I go to work and I have to get my Podcasts running and queued up again through my 3rd party app.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts