Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealership seems to be unable to find any mud flaps for my f46 . Does anyone know whether they are yet available and if so what part number do they have? In addition to the mud flaps I am also looking for the part number for the driver's sun visor for a left hand drive f56, as again my dealership do not seem to be getting anywhere.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The front ones are 82162338565 and the rears 82162338566.

They are expensive at about £36 and £41 respectively, inc VAT, and quite small but fit well.

Mine arrived at the dealers 2 days after I ordered them.

Fitted easily enough though no instructions came with them, I fitted them without removing the wheels but I did have to jack the rear up.

The fronts can be fitted by turning the wheels to full lock.

I also had to slightly open the little metal clips that come in the kit as they are very hard to fit, as they come.

An 8mm spanner and socket (one of the set screws is recessed on the rear flaps), and a cross-head screwdriver are required.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The front ones are 82162338565 and the rears 82162338566.
Fitted easily enough though no instructions came with them......

An 8mm spanner and socket (one of the set screws is recessed on the rear flaps), and a cross-head screwdriver are required.
Are the holes already there then?

I assumed drilling them for the front self-tapers and probably the rears, also I guess its metal and not a fibre-type inner wing liner. Not looking forward to getting a drill to a new car, although I do like the mudflaps!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi
I fitted the fronts yesterday and opened the clips as johann did they are very difficult to fit otherwise, they still grip just make sure the pointed side is to the rear of the arch.The self tappers just go into the inner fibre type wing, I just created a small hole first with a thin screw driver. I'm going to fit the rears later and looks like you use existing bolt up in the wheel arch and self tappers as fronts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I furnished my dealership with the part numbers for the front and rear mud flaps. They came back to say that they can now supply them and the fitted cost would be £390.00! Has anyone else managed a better price?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I furnished my dealership with the part numbers for the front and rear mud flaps. They came back to say that they can now supply them and the fitted cost would be £390.00! Has anyone else managed a better price?
I asked for them to be fitted on my car, the dealer said they would supply and fit them free of charge, when they carry out the PDI.

·
Registered
890 Posts
They are 'aving a larf.

That is a crazy price for very little work.

Go elsewhere or DIY, or get a friend to do it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So, got the fronts installed. Didn't have to take wheels off, but I've got a good jack and it did make it easier.

Question: any clue the purpose of the foam blocks included with the rear flaps? Not intuitively obvious.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There was a bit of a gap on the inside bottom corner, so I guessed that might be a place to keep them from moving a bit. Just a guess. If I hadn't used them, it would have driven me nuts.

Apparently, the dealers have instruction sheets they can print. Next project.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So, got the fronts installed. Didn't have to take wheels off, but I've got a good jack and it did make it easier.

Question: any clue the purpose of the foam blocks included with the rear flaps? Not intuitively obvious.
Looks like the foam is for the rear mud flaps, it is to be placed in the little gap between the rear apron and the rear wheel arch finisher. You push in the smaller side first and then use your fingers to bend the long side of the foam backwards so that it rotates into the gap. How necessary this part really is can be questioned...

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Also I can confirm that the front and rear OEM mud guards fit the JCW (even though Mini says they wont), without any additional modifications. All mounting points in the correct place, albeit I didn't push in the little foam bits. This is what it looks like:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts