Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know they're not sexy but I think I need them ! The amount of dirt this car kicks up over the doors and boot is unbelievable. Has anyone else fitted them and is it a DIY job ?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yes and...yes.

It is easy enough to fit them, but the metal clips that come with the kits need to be opened out slightly to make them an easier fit.
I didn't need to jack the car up but some have found it easier to do so.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've been contemplating the mud flaps as an eventual DIY upgrade myself if I saw the thing kicked a lot of crud up itself... and it sounds like it does. I did the same thing with my Ridgeline, but they look good on a truck. Wonder how they look on a MCS tho

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've been contemplating the mud flaps as an eventual DIY upgrade myself if I saw the thing kicked a lot of crud up itself... and it sounds like it does. I did the same thing with my Ridgeline, but they look good on a truck. Wonder how they look on a MCS tho

I have them dealer installed on my Justa. Personally I think they look great and are low profile. The do the work to reduce the mud and dirt spraying up. I think they are a great investment and practical too. Not for everyone I guess. I must have for The Great White North.

·
Registered
47 Posts
As others have already mentioned the flaps are very low profile so they don't distract from the look of the vehicle in my opinion. What they are good for is 'reducing' the amount of crud along the doors but more importantly the rear hatch. Super simple to install.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Now I know they're not sexy but I think I need them ! The amount of dirt this car kicks up over the doors and boot is unbelievable. Has anyone else fitted them and is it a DIY job ?
I have them - expensive but worth it. Mini installed.:x

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Those do look good. Not so sure how effective the fronts would be, but the rears look good and look effective. I'll probably get a set. As for it being a wheels-off installation... challenge accepted! And the price is reasonable... $46.95 on Outmotoring.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
Those do look good. Not so sure how effective the fronts would be, but the rears look good and look effective. I'll probably get a set. As for it being a wheels-off installation... challenge accepted! And the price is reasonable... $46.95 on Outmotoring.com
I have them, and I would not even consider only putting rears on, the fronts do actually reduce crap up the doors.

As for the challenge of non wheel removal fitment, hahahahaha, the fronts maybe by turning the wheel out of the way, but the rears are a wheel off job, its 10mins to fit once the wheel is off, so 20 mins per corner in total.

·
Registered
258 Posts
does anyone know if they're the same for the F55?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hmmm well, can't argue with success. But I'm still getting them on without taking the wheel off heh
My hands are bigger than a 5yr olds hands, and I'm not double jointed so I took the back wheels off. I still swore, a lot. >:D

I can't imagine the arches would be any different on the F55, I'm sure the friendly parts man in your local friendly dealer should be able to advise. If you need a hand with fitting I just take milk in my coffee :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
My hands are bigger than a 5yr olds hands, and I'm not double jointed so I took the back wheels off. I still swore, a lot. >:D

I can't imagine the arches would be any different on the F55, I'm sure the friendly parts man in your local friendly dealer should be able to advise. If you need a hand with fitting I just take milk in my coffee :D
Nice one Mike - may just take you up on that offer ;)

Reactions: Panch

·
Registered
505 Posts
I just reconfigured my car on MiniMania to an F55 and the message popped up that the mud flaps would not fit the car. I searched for F55 mud flaps and came up empty on the site. I don't knnow if they just aren't caught up with the times or if they really don't fit. My search for F55 flaps is coming up empty, so you might want to check carefully.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Meh, cursing is compuslory and I'm used to dealing with terrible designs and parts jammed in impossible places on our Zambonis at work, so I've got tools and techniques for that... and I don't have unusually large hands, but I'm a goalie, so flexibility is one of the tools in my... wait... what are you implying about my hands!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone found Mud Flaps for the 2015 JCW? We're told by our dealer that they're not yet available. Please let me know. Thanks!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don't think mud flaps were ever made by Mini for the R56 aero kit, so don't hold your breath waiting for them to make them for the F56 JCW.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts