Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi daydotz..that was me if you do a search and find it fine ..if not message me and will supply the details again for both front and back. P.S. its really easy and I managed it perfectly well without even having to take the wheels off which the instructions recommend and took around 1 hour in total.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi daydotz..that was me if you do a search and find it fine ..if not message me and will supply the details again for both front and back. P.S. its really easy and I managed it perfectly well without even having to take the wheels off which the instructions recommend and took around 1 hour in total.

Found it to it sounds easy enough thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just bought some front ones for the wife's F55 MCSD, same as the F56, and they fit great (and look good too imo as they are tiny).
Before fitting I offered them upto the JCW and they appeared to follow the profile of the sill no problem, so is it perhaps the rear flaps that don't fit the bodykit or do you (Davyboy) mean a different bodykit?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I just bought some front ones for the wife's F55 MCSD, same as the F56, and they fit great (and look good too imo as they are tiny).
Before fitting I offered them upto the JCW and they appeared to follow the profile of the sill no problem, so is it perhaps the rear flaps that don't fit the bodykit or do you (Davyboy) mean a different bodykit?
You could be right but assumed it would be the same case as Gen2 MINIs...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mud Flap Instructions

Here you go.. can be done without taking the wheels off,with the front just turn each wheel to full lock for easy access. sorry for them being upside down .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
IIRC the clips were the hardest part. They were easier to install if you bend them a little to lessen the tension. These were installed last September and I can't even remember what I had for dinner yesterday so I could be mistaken. YMMV. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes clips are hard so a top tip is to use a flat bladed screw driver against the fold of the clip and carefully push the top or bottom edge onto the mudguard first, if you try to push the clip on in the middle of the fold then it is very hard to do by hand.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Good info! Could be a great solution to running wider tires on the F56!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but this didn't warrant a new one, just wanted to add this:

I've fitted the genuine MINI mud flaps yesterday, all 4 wheels. They didn't come with the 'Cleaning pad' or 'Primer pad' as described (in the parts list) for the rear mud flaps. So I just cleaned properly and stuck them on same as the fronts, which worked fine.

Thanks to @enterprise for the images of the instructions - I've compiled these into a PDF in case it's useful to anyone in future. The instructions are good and quite detailed.

Mine's a JCW and they fit perfectly. I found a stubby flat blade screwdriver handy for levering the barbed clips on. Put the blade flat between the back of the clip and the back of the opening you're putting the clip into, and twist the screwdriver to lever the clip on. It might mar the plastic inside the rectangular hole a bit, but it's unseen.

Pics will be in my thread when I take some (too wet today!!) :D

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.