Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
New member and first post
Saying Hello and have a query
Car in question is a 2016 Cooper convertible
I have query about fitting mudflaps
I'm reading differing opinions on if the Mini supplied mudflaps will fit the JCW aero kit
Some say they fit and others saying they need a heat gun/modifying to alter the shape
ANY advice on this would be appreciated
I've done a search but contact from someone who has fitted them would be very helpful
Thanks

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
971 Posts
Not sure about the rears as i didn't fit them due to having the flared pro splitters fitted but the front definately fit - 3 dealers told me the wouldn't?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for that its very helpful
Your right about the dealers, They have all said "Sorry the computer says no, not possible"

How did you secure them under the car? Did you use a plastic rivet supplied in the kit to fix to the underside or did you have to use a different method?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
971 Posts
You remove the plastic rivet already in place underneath, position flap and push rivet back in through flap, there's double sided tape on the edge of the flaps to seal them to the arches (not really needed?), the 3 slots you can see in the 2nd photo - push 3 metal clips which slide over the flap and plastic arch which then hold them together (open up the clips first as they're so closed you wont squeeze them on), and finally screw 2 self tappers into place - these are more solidly fitted then the rest of the trim :) they'll never fall off

Don't need to remove front wheels just turn them to full lock - takes 5 mins per side to fit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great description, thanks again, I've ordered a set now I know they fit and will get them fitted

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
971 Posts
That's a great description, thanks again, I've ordered a set now I know they fit and will get them fitted
Like i say don't try to push the metal clips on without opening them up (i used a screwdriver) as they're too tight and you'll drop 1 behind like i did :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
They do fit, see this post here - Mud Flaps

They just don't fit JCW Pro diffuser. I just ordered a front and rear set. Part numbers 82162338565 & 82162338566.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitted the Fronts yesterday and once I'd discovered the trick in fitting the steel retaining clips it didn't take long at all
Hopefully they'll help keep the sides of the car clean
Not sure yet if i'll fit the rears aswell, We'll see...

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
971 Posts
Fitted the Fronts yesterday and once I'd discovered the trick in fitting the steel retaining clips it didn't take long at all
Hopefully they'll help keep the sides of the car clean
Not sure yet if i'll fit the rears aswell, We'll see...
Did you open them up so they weren't as tight?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sprayed a little WD40 on the Mudflaps where the clips push on, then lined the clips up and used the flat side of a straight screwdriver to push them home
What with the clips, self tapping screws and the screw underneath the car I don't think they should go too far :)
The most important thing is to make sure the clips are lined up correctly beforehand otherwise they seem to have a mind of their own

1 - 10 of 10 Posts