Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone deleted their muffler and resonator. I have the muffler already taken care of, but I have heard the removal of the resonator gives it a deeper sound. Just trying to see if anyone has had it done and their reaction. I have an appointment Tuesday!

·
Registered
457 Posts
IMO it will be too loud and illegal!! My JCW Pro exhaust has no resonator and is illegal for road use when activated and running straight through.
To be honest it is fine when out of built up areas but in town you will eventually be in trouble!
Remember you will not be able to quieten it down unlike JCW Pro,Remus etc.
Why don't you invest in the Remus that's for sale on this Forum and have piece of mind? It may cost money but will be outweighed by your fines:laugh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did the muffler delete on my Cooper 15, it was far too loud for use in towns. It droned constantly and caused vibrations at various speeds. My verdict is, don't do it! It's stupid loud and made my mini annoying. I had the stock exhaust replaced within three days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.