Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could've sworn I've scanned through the entire owners manual for a way to stop this, maybe I've missed something, but...

When I am driving with music on, and then I park and turn the car off, the music keeps playing. It doesn't stop until I get out of the car and hit the lock button on the fob.

Is there a way for the music to come on / turn off when the ignition is started / stopped?

Not a major problem, just a minor nuisance

·
Registered
17 Posts
it does time out after a certain period of time and turn off. actually getting it to turn off the moment the car is off besides from actually hitting the power button I dont know if you can do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reading the manual last night, came across something that said that the radio will continue to play for 8? minutes, or until you open, close the door and lock it with either the fob or the door button.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yep - all you need to do... and I've started doing this automatically now... is simply press the start/stop button twice when you want to leave the car. (Oh, and if you have an auto make sure your foot is OFF the brake pedal or you'll just end up starting the car again).
]

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's called "radio ready" state (used to be known as ACC) and allows you to finish a phone call after turning the engine off.

Useful if you park up and still have some stuff to talk about, and don't want to ask the person to call back in 5 minutes whilst you get your coat and bags together and lock up the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!! I'll try to make it a habit of hitting the ignition off again after I take my foot off the pedal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I recoded mine to turn everything off when the driver door is opened like a normal car. I hated pressing the button twice and my psyche won't let me leave the car with the radio still on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts