Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link to Introduction post

So early Dec’19’ starting position:

There then followed a busy few weeks of Internet purchases (big thanks to Cotswolds BMW/Mini for great service and pricing). And since Christmas, a fair bit of my very spare time fitting what I can.

First up was the new JCW Pro interior items - Alcantara/carbon-fibre flat-bottom steering wheel, gear shift and handbrake along with mats.

Then I fitted all the black exterior trim items - light surrounds, door handles, bonnet scoop and grill surround as well as Nightjack mirror caps. An AC Schnitzer front splitter was also fitted.

Next up was the JCW Pro exhaust - so glad it’s now sounding like it should :) - along with the JCW rear diffuser

And that is where it’s up to so far. Still waiting on a few bits to be delivered and also later on this week, some more external design changes :cool:

Benno

·
Registered
2016 F56 Cooper D in BRG
31 Posts
Need to do the blackout on mine, one day! External design changes sounds intriguing ?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Would look great with a gloss black roof wrap and gloss black viper stripes down the centre of the bonnet (similar to the Challenge 210 ones)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Loving the Pro interior changes, how easy was it to change the gear lever? Also the Belkin phone holder, how well does that 'stay put' when driving?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loving the Pro interior changes, how easy was it to change the gear lever? Also the Belkin phone holder, how well does that 'stay put' when driving?
Cheers.
Gear lever was easy as was handbrake, with YouTube help of course :)

Belkin phone holder is ace and works excellently except in the Mini it’s obscured a lot by the gear lever aswell as being a ’long’ way down to look at when driving.

Benno

·
Registered
2016 F56 Cooper D in BRG
31 Posts
Splitter looks good too, missed that before ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last Friday and Saturday were spent getting shiny at Offset Detailing for a 2-stage polish and ceramic coating (y)

New wheels up next and then, hopefully not too far away, the coilovers

Benno

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
That looks great - makes me wish i'd bought the VO JCW i test drove (thought it looked too bright at the time)
If you're still in warranty get the dealer to replace the front bumper number plate moulding as it looks to have gone milky (common problem)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks great - makes me wish i'd bought the VO JCW i test drove (thought it looked too bright at the time)
If you're still in warranty get the dealer to replace the front bumper number plate moulding as it looks to have gone milky (common problem)
Cheers :) VO is my favourite Mini colour - I do like bright cars lol.

Just had a look at number plate surround and defo is milky - thanks, would never have really noticed other than putting it down to glossy reflections lol. CBA with Mini doing the work - a new one isn’t that much and the front bumper will be coming off soon for spot lamps and v-brace.

Benno

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Cheers :) VO is my favourite Mini colour - I do like bright cars lol.

Just had a look at number plate surround and defo is milky - thanks, would never have really noticed other than putting it down to glossy reflections lol. CBA with Mini doing the work - a new one isn’t that much and the front bumper will be coming off soon for spot lamps and v-brace.

Benno
No problem, could save yourself £70+ from buying a new cover (i'll be keeping an eye on mine as the last Mini i had had the same problem but i didn't know it was covered under warranty :(

Are you fitting genuine spotlights? i've seen the extra wiring loom and modules needed, was hoping to fit some to mine but the price is crazy - wish it was as easy as wiring to the high beam wire with a scotchlock like in the old days :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem, could save yourself £70+ from buying a new cover (i'll be keeping an eye on mine as the last Mini i had had the same problem but i didn't know it was covered under warranty :(

Are you fitting genuine spotlights? i've seen the extra wiring loom and modules needed, was hoping to fit some to mine but the price is crazy - wish it was as easy as wiring to the high beam wire with a scotchlock like in the old days :)
Cover is c£50 from Cotswolds and I’ve been ordering bits from them almost weekly since December so I doubt I’ll notice it on the Credit Card bill when it comes through o_O.

Yep, genuine LED ones with all the wiring came from Cotswolds before Christmas, just been waiting for a bit before I tackle bumper-off fitting them. Tbh, I had them on my CooperS and they could easily have not been wired up as they were purely cosmetic..........

Ahh yes the old days - back in the day I had 4 spots on my 1971 Clubman, probably took an hour to fit incl. wiring to custom accessory switches (y) Mods were so easy and cheap then, my exhaust was my brother’s old 1275GT’s back box u-clamped to a length of 2” pipe, in turn u-clamped to the downpipe - prob cost me a tenner all told:D

Benno

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New wheels, tyres and spacers today (y)

Got some silver Track Spoke 501s from eBay, refinished in gloss black and then fitted with 215 width Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Along with 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers. Stance is getting there :)

Roll on the coilovers (if they ever turn up lol)

Benno

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today’s mod is an Ultra Racing strut brace from Orranje and powder-coated in Chilli Red :)
it may not do much but certainly adds a splash of colour under the bonnet.:D

Benno

1 - 20 of 45 Posts