Mini Cooper Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
The dash trims are a pain to swap over - you need to remove the central display to get to the screws for the centre air vents as these need removing as they sit on top of the dash panel sides - weird design?
Yep - was surprised and disappointed at that once I found it on TIS :mad:

Actually, looking some more at the instructions and I’m very tempted with a slightly more agricultural approach involving the Dremel.......:unsure:

On the plus side, it’s now made me consider the JCW display ring seeing as it’ll be off :D

Benno

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
997 Posts
Yep - was surprised and disappointed at that once I found it on TIS :mad:

Actually, looking some more at the instructions and I’m very tempted with a slightly more agricultural approach involving the Dremel.......:unsure:

On the plus side, it’s now made me consider the JCW display ring seeing as it’ll be off :D

Benno
The ring is a 1 minute job to swap over - 2 pins at the bottom (push centres in slightly and pull out) - i bought mine from aliexpress, excellent fit and looks just like a genuine 1 :)

I was going to wrap my trims with alcantara type fabric, bought the material then found removing trims was more hassle than it's worth - might have a go if i get bored?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Few bits back from the powder coaters but only fitted the Mini-Works rear strut bar so far - the rest will have to wait until it’s up in the air.
Also a few pics after yesterday’s clean :)
And the last from it’s 1st outing on track - an evening at Brands Hatch where it clearly demonstrated that it has more to give than I can extract from it, superb fun :D

Benno

View attachment 70262

View attachment 70263

View attachment 70264

View attachment 70266
the bar is beautiful! do you know where I can find it?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts