Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, some history. I no longer work in the industry, but for 15 years I owned and ran a large tuning/racing shop/manufacturer for aftermarket parts for BMW, Mercedes and Ferrari. After that I ran large sales divisions for Cosworth, Magnaflow and K&N. So... I am kind of an aftermarket guy! lol Meaning, I cannot leave any car alone!

The MINI replaced an i3, which was great... but boring. This one is not boring, I love it. It is my daily to the office. Have a very custom e46 M3c (magazine and SEMA car) and a Q7 that was my daily. But at gas being over $4/g in the US at the moment, it just makes sense to drive electric. But that doesnt mean "drive boring!" I hate tesla and have have many BMW's, so MINI it was!

Here is the car as delivered last weekend:

2021 MINI SE Iconic, Moonwalk/Black, all the black trim possible from factory.

Today it was tinted:

Much better!

I have a long list of parts already ordered and will post updates with part #s and the best prices I find as I go!

I know not all want to play with or mod this little "appliance" - but it is in my blood and I cannot help myself!!! lol

Thanks
Brad

Super Moderator
Fab, watching this with interest.

Reactions: MiniEV

Registered
MINI Cooper SE
I am looking forward to this! I am thinking about putting the LCI 2 bumpers on mine with a little electric twist from the Pacesetter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Very 馃憤
Fab, watching this with interest.
Thanks!

Nice Brad 馃憤, and welcome to the world of the EV!
This is our 2nd EV. We had an i3 before. This car is smaller inside, the backseats are not as useful, but it is way more fun and enjoyable to drive. And the stereo in the i3 sucked! Plus no way to put bike racks on the top! And I will never have a Tesla. I am thinking about a Rivian Truck next year though to add to the fleet!

Love the tints, will be going down that road with mine in the near future 馃槑
Yea, thanks. In Arizona for a car that lives outside it is mandatory! lol

I am looking forward to this! I am thinking about putting the LCI 2 bumpers on mine with a little electric twist from the Pacesetter.
I am new to the Mini world. Are those the JCW or "S" bumpers?

So... Some updates, pics will come soon once a few more things are installed! (click the links to see the best pricing I could find)

More parts incoming! Will post updates as they arrive and are installed with some pics.

The biggest decision was wheels, and I ordered 18x8 XXR 527's in Black

Super excited to see this move along!

Registered
I installed the Smoked Led Front & Rear Side Marker Lights last night, and loving them!

Front on and off:

Rear on and off:

Also got the Black Surround Installed (just waiting for the light rings - I hate waiting)

Progress ....

Thanks
Brad
[/QUOT
I installed the Smoked Led Front & Rear Side Marker Lights last night, and loving them!

Front on and off:

Rear on and off:

Also got the Black Surround Installed (just waiting for the light rings - I hate waiting)
View attachment 72920

Progress ....

Thanks
Brad
looking very nice馃殭鈿♀殹 Think the black surround works really well, thanks for sharing the updates..馃憤馃徎

Registered
Mini Cooper SE
Excuse my lack of knowledge on this but are the marker lights a requirement in America?
The smoked marker lights do look much better and the car looks great overall 馃憤馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Me too! Just
looking very nice馃殭鈿♀殹 Think the black surround works really well, thanks for sharing the updates..馃憤馃徎
Thanks, me too!

Just got a tracking update the the light surrounds were delivered to my box yesterday, so if true, those will go on tomorrow! 馃槑
Excuse my lack of knowledge on this but are the marker lights a requirement in America?
The smoked marker lights do look much better and the car looks great overall 馃憤馃憤
Yes, stupid lawyers here! lol Thanks, I agree that the smoked LED's remain legal, but make the car look as it intended!

Registered
Me too! Just
Thanks, me too!

Just got a tracking update the the light surrounds were delivered to my box yesterday, so if true, those will go on tomorrow! 馃槑
Yes, stupid lawyers here! lol Thanks, I agree that the smoked LED's remain legal, but make the car look as it intended!
Agreed, looks much better with the smoked marker lights.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Some more progress this weekend. Front and Rear Light Rings installed:

These actually came from Amazon. Best price I could find.
Carwoman Reaplacement Gloosy Black Matt Black Head & Rear Lamp Surround Trim Part For Mini Cooper F55 F56 F57 (Glossy Black)

Bad news/bad news:
Good: all the wheel tire parts are ordered (wheels, tires, TPMS with Black stems, Center bore adapters, center caps with Black/Grey Union Jack)
Bad: Wheel seller said (after they took my money and said they had been shipped) that it is a 6 week wait!

Arghhh

Thanks
Brad

Registered
Mini Cooper SE
Looking really good.

The smoked fog lights look very good, although I鈥檓 not sure if we would get away with them in the uk. Are you planning to change the front grill or leave that as is?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Yea, I dont think so. At least when I lived on that side of the water, I dont think I could have gotten away with it!

I am going to leave the grill. I dont mind it at all.

I am thinking about replacing the chrome/yellow badge with a black union jack. What do you think?

Registered
Mini Cooper SE
Thanks. Yea, I dont think so. At least when I lived on that side of the water, I dont think I could have gotten away with it!

I am going to leave the grill. I dont mind it at all.

I am thinking about replacing the chrome/yellow badge with a black union jack. What do you think?
I guess it depends on whether you want to keep a bit of the electric look. Only my opinion but it kinda looks a bit standout ish after all the other changes. Maybe the yellow S or a black version of the E. Otherwise a black Union Jack would look good as you already have the red S on the back.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, if I could find an EV logo that wasn't chrome I would be good with it. I HATE chrome! lol I dont mind the Yellow as it ties into the accents inside, its the chrome I want gone. I have thought about buying spares and asking the paint shop to paint the chrome part black, maybe I will do that.

Red S is gone from the back. Complete "de-badged" as of last night.

Thanks
Brad

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, it was with a Red S, which I though was strange as IMHO it should have had the yellow one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts