Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
191 Posts
Very odd!!
Still looked ok and I imagine that a few people may swap the yellow for red anyway.

I notice you have fitted a stubby aerial. Is that the OEM part or an alternative?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yea, if I had kept the badging, I would have changed it for yellow.

That aerial is the OEM that I spec'ed when I ordered the car.

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
191 Posts
Yea, if I had kept the badging, I would have changed it for yellow.

That aerial is the OEM that I spec'ed when I ordered the car.

Thanks
Brad
Ah ok. Sadly no chance to spec anything on the uk cars until the new model came out this year. I've bought stubby aerials before for other cars and found matching issues with the thread and signal issues. I've thought about changing mine this time so may have a look for the OEM one. Changes are looking good though Brad 👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yea, I noticed on the UK site that you could not spec one out! arghh

I was fully able to spec mine. I ordered in August 2020 and we had a full build sheet and confirmation before the end of the year. I asked for it to be delayed for a 2021 delivery for tax reasons (we get a big tax credit of 7500, and I had other benefits last year and didnt need it).

Would the US spec antenna work for you?

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
191 Posts
I guess it should fit. I don't see any reason why the base should be different. I picked up a link from one of the other discussions for the parts catalog that includes the SE but haven't gotten around to looking at the arial. I'm loathed to pay dealer prices but will find the part number and check out ebay. Often dealers seem to post items on there cheaper than what they sell for if you go direct!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yes, eBay and Amazon are your friend!

You can get the parts catalog at realoem if you dont have access.

Thanks
Brad

21 - 26 of 26 Posts