Mini Cooper Forum banner

My Audio Build by MADE South Coast Customs

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  paulg1979 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Just sharing my little build on my F56 with you guys. I had the standard system replaced with a high end SQ setup to go with my media pack screen.

Audison Bit Ten D processor
Genesis MK5 Black Edition amplifier
Focal Component & Co-Axial speakers
Rockford Fosgate T10D subwoofer
Stinger Roadkill sound dampening
Stinger cables and power all round
Custom fibreglass subwoofer enclosure with red glow

Sounds pretty sweet and happy it all runs as usual from my head unit and I can control the individual levels from the processor control mounted next to the USB input.

All by MADE South Customs who are doing a lot of work on MINIs at the moment, and this is one of the world's first attempts at a build on the F56 - it was all done last year. PM me if you want to know anymore about what they can do for you :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice build!

I´m doing something similar but "stealth" (no visual signs of the upgrade)

Audison Prima AP8.9 bit DSP&AMP
Helix Coaxials
Earthquake SWS under seat subs
Hertz 10" sub in custom box under the boot floor
Hertz amp

Possibly also going to 3D print new front door window "sails" for tweeters and run DLS components up front and might add a center by changing to the HK center dash trim.

#5 ·
Finished the installation this weekend, It really is a world of difference from the stock stereo system!

Much of the improvement is due to the auto De-Equalization built into the Audison bit-processors. When you set up the processor it analyzes the stock stereo signal and shows a graph of how it looks. It would take ALOT of EQ-ing to get rid of the built in factory signal EQ...

Running the under seat subs 60-150Hz which gives great midbase kick. The 4" door speakers really does not play much under 125 hz and I did not want my 10" sub to play that high, (it now plays 60hz and below).

Stereo imaging (delay) is also really easy to set up in the Audison DSP, which also makes a big difference.

I still run my back door speakers of the OEM head unit, with the rest of the system running it is impossible to hear anything from the back speakers. The main reason for me not to connect my rear door speakers to the DSP is that I did not want to mess with the parking sensors (in reverse the parking sensors peeps in the rear speakers). If the OEM Head unit is turned of when reversing it will not trigger the DSP to start (if running speaker level automatic start, since these only trigger from the front channels). This will result in loosing the peeps when reversing...

I have 2 spare channels on the amp to connect the back doors later, but from what I can understand it is also debatable if "back speaker fill" adds anything to the listening experience since sound stage usually is set to be in front of the listener. If I were you I would definitely connect after market under seat woofers to the amp instead of rear doors, and drive the rears on the stock HU.

I am actually running my sub on two bridged channels on the Audison AP8.9, I first thought 130wrms would be to weak but it really seems to be enough for relatively sane listening levels...

I drive the whole system with the Audison AP8.9 which measures 198 x 45,50 x 134 / 7.8 x 1.8 x 5.27, and I am really impressed so far.

I bet those Focal components sound heavenly up front, wish I would have bought them instead of the Helix coaxials...

#7 ·
Top Class install

I just had my install completed this week . Jon did all the work personally keeping me in the loop throughout and offering good advice to maximise potential. I got at least twice as much as I payed him for . The system is the best . Im a sound engineer and know sound so trust me on this one .

#9 ·
Top Class install

I just had my install completed this week . Jon did all the work personally keeping me in the loop throughout and offering good advice to maximise potential. I got at least twice as much as I payed him for . The system is the best . Im a sound engineer and know sound so trust me on this one .
Hi

Do you have “Jon” contact details? Is he a mobile audio installer? Interested to get Audison install. Thanks

#8 ·
Looking for advise on cable connection.
I have installed the Audison speakers and Amp - did you use the Audison cables for plug and play or splice into the cables? The issue I have is the Audison cable set for the under seat subs also feeds the front door mids so I’m getting too much bass in the doors! I’m tempted to run bridged cables to the subs to let me manage the signals and cut off freq. Any advise on the connections would be great. I went full Audison set up playing 24 bit/flac from my Sony hires player and a huge difference already. Left the rear speakers driven off the head unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.