Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Here is my beautiful dilema lol

I have my mini cooper S 2 doors and I need to find have a rack to carry my road bike so, I installed the Yakima Roof Rack and it works perfect but it made wind noise! Even with the 44" fairing the noise is there, not loud as before but still there. On the other hand I was thinking on using a trunk rack, those that have 3 arms, one goes on the read win shied, and the there 2 on the paint but I really don't know which one of the two should I use lol

Here is my point of view, I purchase the mini because is a sport car, I can put it in sport mode and drive like a maniac or I can put in on green mode and have a pleasant drive without noises but with the roof rack I don't have that lol

So is either, a little noise from the roof rack or a few scratches ( probably not sure ) from the trunk rack.

What are you guys opinion on this?

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Had a trunk rack scratched my paint stick to the roof bars or try to retro fit the bike rack preparation. Very good but expensive!

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Yes sorry that's a great one and there are pictures on this forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2015 F56 MINI with MINI Bike Rack freshly installed

Bike Rack Prep Package (I ordered this with the car when it was built):

Trailer Lights Socket

MINI OEM Rack installed:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get a tow hitch receiver installed and go with a hitch-mount rack.
I just installed the "EcoHitch Hidden Trailer Hitch Receiver" on a 2018 Mini hardtop (non-S) so that I could use my hitch-mounted bike rack (One-Up USA brand). This $315 hitch functions perfectly and it has a very clean appearance. There are less expensive aftermarket hitches available but I like this one for the clean appearance and ground clearance. A major annoyance, which is a shortcoming of the vehicle rather than the hitch, is that anytime I have the bike rack mounted, it sets off the rear view camera alarm which produces a constant, monotone audible warning that will only go away by (1) shifting into a forward gear and actually driving forward a short distance, or (2) turning off the engine. Turing off the rear-view camera does not make the sound go away. The sound is very annoying and not something that you can just ignore. I've read that the dealer-installed hitch includes a switch that addresses this issue, but I consider the cost of the OEM hitch and dealer installation prohibitive.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts