Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been given a Cooper Clubman until work completed on my car. Have to say I think it's a great car. Impressed with the engine, loving the LED lights, I have the victorian candle powered halogens on my Cooper S, anyone with these will know what I mean! Also have to say I really like the media screen, it doesn't seem to be as annoying as the screens in my Peugeot and previous BMW which seem too bright and obtrusive.
The only downside for me was once driven into my garage at home, I couldn't get out of the car for about 10 minutes :D All the doors seemed to line up with the wide supports of the walls so couldn't open the doors wide enough to get out, had to keep going back and forth to find the point where I could squeeze out. I didn't over indulge at Xmas honest!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Pleased to read that you’re enjoying the F54 Cooper. Hope it continues to entertain and impress. PS - I can fully understand your point regarding the width of the Clubbie and garage piers - why are they always situated right next to the drivers door?

·
Registered
586 Posts
PPS - you might be interested to know that CAR Magazine are currently running a Clubman Cooper as one of their long-term test fleet. TBH the quality of the monthly updates has been a bit disappointing to date, focussing on nails in tyres etc. rather than what the car is actually like to live with, but hopefully they’ll improve.

·
Super Moderator
6,737 Posts
Me too with the diet. We had an f54 while my f56 was in for service. Didn't want the f56 back,hence our current car!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, think I could be happy with one of these but with one of the 2.0 litre engines. Would need a bigger garage though, so sticking to 3 doors for now. Is it actually wider than the F56?

·
Super Moderator
6,737 Posts
Yes not sure exactly how much but a fair bit wider. Bonnet is 1.7cm longer too hence we had to have jc w stripes specially made!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, thought so, the mirrors only just go through my garage entrance, my F56 goes in no worries. Had quite a few different cars in there over the years but this did seem one of the widest.
Diet cancelled ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts