Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I can tell, there was some issue about 2015 Coopers being allowed into the US for a while, and some cars sat offshore on a ship waiting to be unloaded.
I think that happened to my car. The build date is 12/14, and the dealer indicated they had gotten a lot of cars at once right before I came in. My car was in a back lot, and while it appears to have had the dealer prep done, I have been noticing things...

The inside of the sunroof was *filthy*, like water condensation had dried repeatedly on it.
I have clear/white side markers, and the edges have a darker irregular discoloration, like water damage.

I am now wondering if there is anything else more serious I should keep an eye out for?

·
Registered
505 Posts
As I recall, they got off the ships just fine... they sat at the VDC and in Southampton (prior to getting on the boats) for awhile, though, but they weren't sitting that long. That said, regardless of where they were sitting, those issues shouldn't be cropping up regardless of the circumstances.Theoretically, you should be able to leave one out in the elements indefinitely... I mean, not everybody has a garage and some spend their whole lives outdoors. Sounds like there's something else going on there...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.