Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a recent occurrence in which my Dealership (Arden) really stepped up the mark to help me out, I thought I'd start a thread for everybody to say the good things their dealership has done for them that has really deserved top marks.

Things that you think make your dealership stand out.

Now this isn't for people to put others down, this a positive thread where good experiences can be shared to help others out when choosing a dealership to go with (provided they have a choice).

So from me, a huge thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What did they do to help you, as when I was looking for a Mini they were very unhelpful and made me look elsewhere. Glad they helped you looks like they have made changes

·
Registered
160 Posts
My dealership is Harry Fairbairn in Kirkcaldy, Fife (Scotland). They have always been polite and knowledgeable. Even when I visit them weekly or fortnightly for updates, they have always given me a warm welcome. Of course some sales executives are better than others, but that will always be the case.

I have found the sales executives to be quite happy to have general chit chat with me, and not be only interested in talking business. At times where there have been delays on my Mini they were quite happy to give me a loan of a Mini to remind myself what it is I am waiting for.

The sales executives at Harry Fairbairn show genuine interest and belief in the cars they sell, and are not scared to admit when they don't know something, but will always find out for the next time I am in.

I have not yet received my Mini, but I am confident my experience will Harry Fairbairn Mini will continue to be a good one.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My dealership for this MINI is Williams Stockport.

My current car (I haven't taken delivery of the F56 yet) is a 1 series from Williams' Bolton branch.

Both seem very helpful and friendly. I had two big warranty issues with my 1 series that were carried out with no quibble - one involving replacement of the rear suspension and one involving a replacement of a leaking differential. However, the well publicised timing chain rattle issue with the BMW diesel engines (of which my 1 series has) was met with scratching of heads even though I found online a BMW technical advisory to "replace if customer complains". Don't think it was malicious though, just lack of awareness of recalls etc.

Not had any dealings with Stockport branch yet regarding the MINI apart from Sales who were just as helpful and friendly as Bolton.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Interesting how standards can vary, even within the same franchise group.

Lloyd Colne in lancs couldnt even arrange a test drive successfully for me but lloyd Blackpool were excellent from first contact to purchase. Full day test drive? No problem, take mine. Transparent on pricing, honest on delivery times and kept me updated all along the way

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just took delivery of my F56 from Mini Park Lane.

I really can't fault them. They are the premier Mini dealership, being owned by Mini UK, which means they have to operate to a very high standard at all times.

When my order was put back by 7 weeks, without explanation, they pulled out all the stops to get it back on track.

They gave me a trade in deal which I was happy with, delivery was one week later than originally planned due to the car being put back and then being moved forward again, but it was definitely worth waiting for.

Reactions: Saurabhdutt

·
Registered
890 Posts
Another plus for Fairbairns in Kirkcaldy.

Sales manager Charmaine is very experienced and runs a tight ship.

Her sales assistants remind me of pupils, when I was a teacher before I retired, who would come and chat to you after a lesson and talk to you about anything, as well as loving the cars they sell.
They really are a genuinely nice bunch and have insisted we drop in for tea or coffee when passing.

I was kept up to date by email on a weekly basis, but we kept dropping in anyway for chats and to drool at the cars in the showroom.

The parts department are also very efficient, ordering a new chrome boot handle which arrived from Germany in 2 days, and my mud flaps came the day after I asked them to order them.

My Mini Cooper arrived over a week earlier than expected which is also a positive, but not just for the dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good deal

My MINI experience at first was sadly. The salesman never answered my calls and when "finally" the car arrives after one and a half month, the options I had chosen were wrong and of course the salesman was not there, so I was very disappointing with the dealership and no other options because there is just one MINI dealership in town.

But that day another salesman talk to me and with the manager and they offer me to get the car I have chosen ASAP, and meanwhile the car arrives they give me another car (BLACK PACEMEAN JCW 2014). So I change my mind and of course I accept the deal.

After 3 and a half weeks driving (like crazy) the Paceman my MCS HOT CHILI arrives and I don’t get the 2014 version but 2015 (same but 1 year more of resale value). I forgot that I also got a 3% discount.

So now I am very happy with my MCS since 2 weeks ago

I only have 2 concerns:
1. The left black stripe had some mints (like bird ****) but they are going to change by warranty
2. My central console LED seem like is broken in the top (3 minor scratches in the led area) but I will claim by warranty tomorrow.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi,
My dealer is Cooper Teesside Mini in the North East, about 4 miles from my home which is ultra convenient.
I had previously purchased BMW's from the same dealership before walking into their adjacent showroom when purchasing a new F56 Mini Cooper for my wife in May.

Whereby the BMW side is all sharp suits and ties with slick haircuts the Mini side is refreshing with the polos shirts, music and a calm relaxed atmosphere, much more enjoyable experience.

I was so impressed with the new Mini and the dealership colleagues I placed my order for a new Mini Cooper S in the same month. I am expecting delivery 1st September and can't wait.

James Sherris is my salesman and he has been terrific from day 1, can't fault him in any way.

I haven't taken delivery as yet so have my fingers crossed everything will be spot on with the car on pick up day, I am sure James will come through for me. Will keep you posted.

I agree that human nature is to complain and moan, starting a thread which shares the positivity around some of the Mini dealerships is to be commended and is the right thing to do.

Best wishes.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
We've bought minis from Soper Lincoln(wife) and Sytner Nottingham. Me. My wife hasn't kept a mini long enough to have it serviced but sales staff are delightful at sopers Sytner in Nottingham seem the same,lovely. I have had mine serviced there and they have been amazing.Have always been greeted at the door and by name and nothing is too much trouble. We've had two loan cars and a lift to our destination. Fab.cannot speak highly enough of them plus every visit has resulted in a super clean car in and out.

I had my last mot at halfrauds due to a free offer. Frankly I wish I had paid Sytner. The experience was not nice. Sytner just make you feel special and your car is to them too.

Similarly when my wife was thinking about changing her highgate cabrio we popped in on Marshall land rover to look at the devour. We walked out after being ignored for 45 mins. Went to super and the experience was lovely. Ended up with a roadsters s. Much nicer.

Hi had intended buying my new f56 from super BUT was passing by sytner and made the mistake of asking what mine would be worth. Sales lady just was so so good I had to buy one! Awaiting my vo cooper Sept!

In short I'd 100% recommend super lincoln and Sytner Nottingham. So far v impressed with both.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi,
My dealer is Cooper Teesside Mini in the North East, about 4 miles from my home which is ultra convenient.
I had previously purchased BMW's from the same dealership before walking into their adjacent showroom when purchasing a new F56 Mini Cooper for my wife in May.

Whereby the BMW side is all sharp suits and ties with slick haircuts the Mini side is refreshing with the polos shirts, music and a calm relaxed atmosphere, much more enjoyable experience.

I was so impressed with the new Mini and the dealership colleagues I placed my order for a new Mini Cooper S in the same month. I am expecting delivery 1st September and can't wait.

James Sherris is my salesman and he has been terrific from day 1, can't fault him in any way.

I haven't taken delivery as yet so have my fingers crossed everything will be spot on with the car on pick up day, I am sure James will come through for me. Will keep you posted.

I agree that human nature is to complain and moan, starting a thread which shares the positivity around some of the Mini dealerships is to be commended and is the right thing to do.

Best wishes.
Hi I'm buying my new jcw from Charlotte from cooper Teesside and picking him up on the 1st September I'll be there at 9.00 am might see you there ????

·
Registered
506 Posts
I just took delivery of my F56 from Mini Park Lane.

I really can't fault them. They are the premier Mini dealership, being owned by Mini UK, which means they have to operate to a very high standard at all times.

When my order was put back by 7 weeks, without explanation, they pulled out all the stops to get it back on track.

They gave me a trade in deal which I was happy with, delivery was one week later than originally planned due to the car being put back and then being moved forward again, but it was definitely worth waiting for.
Hi @andyross37, We bought our MINI Cooper (Mar 2015) from ParkLane too. Amazing deal on the new car and brilliant part ex on my 10 months MINI One. Initially had a nighmare dealing with NineElms reg a warranty issue with my 10 days old car however later I took it too Berry Heathrow who were good. ParkLane took control and when I rejected the car, they not expedited the process (in my favour) but also let me change the colour and some other specs on my new replacement MINI (July 2015). Since then we have bought 4 more MINIs in our family from ParkLane. Holly Jackson and Martin Dunn have been exceptionally outstanding. Will go back to ParkLane once I need to change our MINI.

I say, every one should walk in to ParkLane MINI if you really want to have a great sales experience.

Saurabh

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm still in the orders process, but my dealership and sales guy have been fantastic in Tempe, AZ. I'm pretty confident they'll keep being awesome too!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
113 Posts
We bought at MINI Oakville (Outside Toronto). Not only do they have massage chairs in their waiting area when you service, the car, the staff are friendly. The family that runs the dealership has been in the industry for 40 years, so they know how to run a car business, and give good service.

Another dealership I went to described the reason they ask people to get certain coverage due to people of certain ethnicities leasing cars and shipping them outside of Canada, and then claiming the insurance and all that. He was also specific too, which did not impress me. It probably does happen, no doubt, but he didn't need to be specific. And that dealer was small.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
MDPeters, not too worry about anything with Mini of Tempe. I had fantastic service from Day 1 from walking into the Dealer buying my Mini from Chris Graczyk and Justin to the Guys and Girls behind the Service Desk/Service/Parts Members. You and your Mini will be well taken care of with the Mini of Tempe Team.

I cross shopped/checked out Mini of Scottsdale 3x before I bought from Mini of Tempe. Price is one thing but Service after the Sale is more important too me and I just did not have a good Vibe from Mini of Scottsdale maybe because they are a part of the Autoplex but something did not sit well with me. Did not have that feeling with Mini of Tempe.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you're in Sydney, I'd highly recommend visiting North Shore Mini Garage at Chatswood. :)
I've bought four MINI's from them now and can't fault them.
Nothing is too much trouble for them (I pestered them so many times changing the spec of the wife's F55!).
Dennis Cheng the MINI sales manager is a great guy to deal with - he's one of those guys who has MINI in his blood and doesn't do the hard sell to get your business.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts