Mini Cooper Forum banner

My F55 to be delivered on 12/24/15

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jax 
#1 · (Edited)
According to Ask Mini, mine has been released to a carrier in less than two days at the VDC and will be delivered to the dealer on 12/24. They will be open until early afternoon and I am hoping that I can pick it up, and wash and seal it that day as the temperature is going to be in low 70's >:D

I have all weather floor mats, Klasse products and iPhone mount sitting around here.

Wish me a luck!

Cheers

#7 ·
My dealer emailed me this morning saying that my car had been delivered last night and I could pick her up today. I finished all my work related crap in a hurry, called my 'driver' and got there in the afternoon. When I saw here sitting in front of the showroom covered by rain drops (it was raining pretty hard then), I was glad that I got the EB. The paint looked simply gorgeous. I think that the rain drops enhanced the brilliance of the paint. Got some free stuff worth $35 and I drive off in a heavy rain.

I am loving it! The ride is plush, nothing harsh at all. Compared to the Mini, my traded-in car, Scion xA, is like riding on four stones, not to mention the SLK55 AMG. I did not feel any harshness with the run flat tires at all. Might be something to do with the size (16"). She wanted to take off badly at every traffic lights but I managed to baby her well:)

I was struggling with the clutch though as it has this looong travel and engages right above the floor. Very different from the one in my previous car. Please someone come up with a mod to shorten the travel and bring the engagement point higher.

The LED head and fog lamps are awesome. The basic stereo is good enough for me but if you want some clarity in the sound, get the HK system. Love the sports seats covered by the tweed. They go well with the Satellite Grey doors, I think.

The visibility is questionable though. The rear view mirror is super "mini" and I would remove the rear head rests from the seats. I did not get the auto dimming option while thinking that I know how to flip the mirror. It is very hard to reach the mirror while seated and I think I should have gotten that option!

Anyways, I will wash and detail her tomorrow, and take some photos and post them here.

Another happy Mini owner.

PS: My dealer, Otto's Mini was awesome to deal with.

#8 ·
Well, spent total 7 hours on detailing my new ride (she has been sitting in my garage for three days now) and the EB really really looks great. Absolutely love that color!

While detailing, I noticed one issue - the skinny vertical panel (dunno what is called technically) on driver's side, which sits between the fender and the door, is installed twisted. I can feel it by running my hand on it. The panel on passengers side is spot on. I hope you can see that difference in the attached photos.

I emailed the dealer about the finding. I shall see what they have to say. Not safety or function related but it bugs me as it is a brand new car.

Anyways, it is about time to take her out for a ride. The weather forecast looks good tomorrow!

Cheers

Attachments

#10 ·
Wanted to take her out this afternoon to take some photos. I thought about a location for a quick portrait shoot and one special location came up in my mind so off I went.

Those Minis behind my car are all electric and can send the power back to the grid. A project at University of Delaware.

Here is a link to an article about the project.

http://www.udel.edu/researchmagazine/issue/vol4_no2/news_briefs_car.html

Took some photos of the interior as I got the Satellite Grey door panels with the Black Pearl seats and have not seen many photos of the combo. The Satellite Grey is not really grey but more like Desert Sand to my eyes. Hope these photos would help those who are considering the Satellite Grey option.

She rides great! The Electric Blue is incredibly gorgeous. The photos do not do justice. I ran into a Mini on the road and got a thumbs-up:D

Attachments

#12 ·
Wow thanks for posting. I already ordered mine and chose the grey doors with the black pearl seats. I love how it looks in your car. Mine is also blue but it's a Cooper S with racing stripes and bonnet stripes. I hate waiting, so please post more photos! :) Did you choose the satellite grey color line on the dashboard as well or just the doors? I did both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.