Registered
1,189 Posts
Nice interior!

Welcome!

Reactions: JazzAttila

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congratulations! I love the red exterior paired with the light-coloured seats inside. Give the armrest time. I found it awkward at first and it can get annoying to have to push it up out of the way when using the handbrake. But I soon find myself putting the armrest down again once I'm on the road, and when it's in the lower, angled position I find it very comfortable to rest my arm there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! And thanks Shigaman!

Yeah, i'm pretty pumped about the creamy interior with the red out.
I wanted it to have a 50's-60's sports car feel to it. With the wood, and the chrome and the light leather, and read, simple outside.
And in person it glows even more.

I really wished they had kept the suspensions for the S model a little tighter.
I had a chance to try the new model, but in Manhattan, and it seemed great.
But now here in california, through the canyons, it just too soft.
Anybody changed the suspensions on a F56?
I seem to understand the dealership will never do it.

And yes, the armrest seemed important when i tried it.
But having to move it every time I park and use the hand break seems just too much. :)
I'll give it a second shot tho.

Like the gearbox and the power a lot so far. Not too much, not too little. Nice growl, that apparently will get better once the engine breaks in (they tell me).

Cheers everyone!
G

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Just love your interior. Beautiful car. I have the hk system. Pink floyds wish you were here recorded from my l.p. onto CD onto usb onto the hard drive sounded just AMAZING today.Superb system.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lovely looking car and that interior - wow ! Im trying to convince my wife that the colour isn't too light and it won't mark etc..help me LOL :)

JeremyB - good to know theres another PF fan enjoying his Mini

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Definitely. Mind I like a vast range, it might be ac dc tomorrow, Madonna on Monday! Just love earlier pink floyd tho. Hoziers new song reminds me of them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it actually is a perfect P Floyd car! :)
British, solid, rebellious, but sophisticated.

I have to say that in the first week, the passenger's seat got very light blue marks already, because my girlfriend used her new jeans before washing them, in it.
But it seems it'll come off rather easily.

The harmon kardon is great.
I'm a sound engineer so i should know, i hope. But it's really really great.
Couldn't imagine it without it.
Haven't tried the USB port yet.
I was wondering about how easy it might be to catalog the songs coming from a usb flash drive like that.
So far it's the prehistoric telephone via 1/8 inch jack into the AUX input. But i really can't complain about it. It's very clean.

And no, the armrest doesn't work.
I like sitting in the lowest position, to be closer to the asphalt, and from there, however i put the armrest it is too high.
Going in tomorrow to do my first checkup and making sure everything's going well.

But i have to say that interior, with the chrome line and the light leather….
I feel like i'm getting into an aston martin, everyday. :)
I haven't regretted it one second, even with the steep price.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Yes feels real quality I agree 're the Aston comment. 're the usb just transfer the usb tunes to the hard drive assuming you have media xl?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts