Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI my name is Bruno and I'm from Brazil. Its been with me for about 3 weeks so far. When i went into dealer this old LCI models were on sale due to the arrival of the new facelifted models, so i got to choose between this one ( with more optionals) or the LCI2, and i ended up choosing the old one. Mainly because it came with leather seats, the digital dash and i prefer the old front and bumper.
I came from a audi a3 sedan 2.0T and a golf 1.4T prior to that.

What I'm liking so far:
The interior feels quite nice to the touch and is very pleasing to look at.

Very nice do drive a compact car like this around the city, feels and goes very easily.

I like the harsher/harder ride, feels more sporty

What I'm still adapting:
Im on the short side myself and so far stil struggling to find a confortable seating position. If i sit low as I tend to like, the seat belt rubs on my neck the whole time and its very very annoying. so I need to pump the seat a bit higher. But then I kind of loose contact with the pedals and I am felling my thigh a bit sore due to the braking action.

While this feels more sporty than the other cars I had, the audi had a little more imediate power (due to bigger torque I suppose) so it get to the speed a little easier, so I think if this had a bit more torque it would be perfect. Im think about purchasing a racechip once the warranty expires.

Mods:
I had the dechrome done at the dealer, not genuine parts.

Changed the stock rim with momo's revenge.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
HI my name is Bruno and I'm from Brazil. Its been with me for about 3 weeks so far. When i went into dealer this old LCI models were on sale due to the arrival of the new facelifted models, so i got to choose between this one ( with more optionals) or the LCI2, and i ended up choosing the old one. Mainly because it came with leather seats, the digital dash and i prefer the old front and bumper.

What I'm liking so far:

Very nice do drive a compact car like this around the city, feels and goes very easily.

What I'm still adapting:
Im on the short side myself and so far stil struggling to find a confortable seating position. If i sit low as I tend to like, the seat belt rubs on my neck the whole time and its very very annoying. so I need to pump the seat a bit higher. But then I kind of loose contact with the pedals and I am felling my thigh a bit sore due to the braking action.

While this feels more sporty than the other cars I had, the audi had a little more imediate power (due to bigger torque I suppose) so it get to the speed a little easier, so I think if this had a bit more torque it would be perfect. Im think about purchasing a racechip once the warranty expires.

Mods:

Thanks.
Hey there congratulations beautiful Mini Cooper, and I think you made the right choice. There are not huge differences between the LCI and then LCI 2 other than styling, plus you already have the digital dash. so did you get an automatic then and the dual clutch? Also does the Forward collision alert with automatic braking come standard down there in Brazil on the 2020 and 2021 models like it does in the states? I find it very comforting and it works very well even at highway speed‘s. Do you have the build sheet a.k.a. window sticker that you could post by chance I’m curious, welcome to the forum, its a very active forum and you can find pretty much anything you need.👌

also I’m never really a huge fan of aftermarket wheels on most cars but the Momos looks sick, and most definitely the Audi A3 was faster of course that thing was around a 5.0 to 5.3 second to 60 car, but the mini feels faster than it is due to its size. A lot of people go with the JB4 tune here or the John Cooper Works tuning kit, and on the cheap side the NM engineering module, I don’t recommend any of the Dinan products they will cause check engine lights and limp mode at least in my experience with several replacement modules and other members.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there congratulations beautiful Mini Cooper, and I think you made the right choice. There are not huge differences between the LCI and then LCI 2 other than styling, plus you already have the digital dash. so did you get an automatic then and the dual clutch? Also does the Forward collision alert with automatic braking come standard down there in Brazil on the 2020 and 2021 models like it does in the states? I find it very comforting and it works very well even at highway speed‘s. Do you have the build sheet a.k.a. window sticker that you could post by chance I’m curious, welcome to the forum, its a very active forum and you can find pretty much anything you need.👌

also I’m never really a huge fan of aftermarket wheels on most cars but the Momos looks sick, and most definitely the Audi A3 was faster of course that thing was around a 5.0 to 5.3 second to 60 car, but the mini feels faster than it is due to its size. A lot of people go with the JB4 tune here or the John Cooper Works tuning kit, and on the cheap side the NM engineering module, I don’t recommend any of the Dinan products they will cause check engine lights and limp mode at least in my experience with several replacement modules and other members.
Well, here in Brazil we dont usually get to pick the exact car we want and then send the request to the factory, generally the brand representation in the country choose the packages that will be sold as they expec. Usually the top configurations are sold here, with a top price as well.

So with mine car I got items the I wouldnt normally pick, such as the heads up display, panoramic roof, all that real time connected mapping ( I would simply use waze on my phone).

On the other hand I got the jcw steering wheel, internal mood lights, the biggest touch screen and nice leather seats, which I would definately pick. Dual clutch 7 speed also was the only one sold, we barely get manuals anymore.

I would definately get the pro exaust as well, but these are not sold here also.

·
Registered
98 Posts

What I'm liking so far:

What I'm still adapting:

Mods:

Thanks.
Well, here in Brazil we dont usually get to pick the exact car we want and then send the request to the factory, generally the brand representation in the country choose the packages that will be sold as they expec. Usually the top configurations are sold here, with a top price as well.

So with mine car I got items the I wouldnt normally pick, such as the heads up display, panoramic roof, all that real time connected mapping ( I would simply use waze on my phone).

On the other hand I got the jcw steering wheel, internal mood lights, the biggest touch screen and nice leather seats, which I would definately pick. Dual clutch 7 speed also was the only one sold, we barely get manuals anymore.

I would definately get the pro exaust as well, but these are not sold here also.
Oh interesting, yeah it looks like you got it pretty much fully loaded, the only option that I can think of that you might not have is the driver assistance package which includes adaptive cruise control and then the parking assistant, or automated parking assistant. Mine is pretty much identical to yours except it’s just LCI one, and I don’t have a driver assistance package, I was initially bummed because I love adaptive cruise control but on the minis it’s not stop and go so it cuts off after like 20 to 21 mph, you can tell if you have that package if you have two extra buttons on the left-hand side of the steering wheel, those are the buttons that adjust the gap between the cars, and also on the left-hand side of the auto start stop button there’s another button for the parking assist. If you don’t mind me asking how much are did you pay? And how many miles are on your car, and identical one here in California would probably go for like 32 to 34k usd maybe…

The head up display is very useful, it shows your media which you can change the tracks via the steering wheel controls, the speed limit which the forward facing camera read the signs, the speed you’re going, You can also use BimmerCode to have the rpm Counter displayed on the heads up display. I know a lot of people don’t like the heads up display in the F56 but I find it very useful, of course you can turn it off and have it stay down all the time if you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never driven a car with adaptive cruise control, maybe that why i dont see myself using it often if my car happen to had it. One thing I would love having is a eletronic hand brake, my other car had a auto hold function that was a delight to use in daily traffic and stop lights.

I paid for it 210.000,00 reais that ar roughly 40k us dollars. car prices climbed up a lot the last year. I was initially going for a 3 series, but that one got even pricier, so maybe next time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have never driven a car with adaptive cruise control, maybe that why i dont see myself using it often if my car happen to had it. One thing I would love having is a eletronic hand brake, my other car had a auto hold function that was a delight to use in daily traffic and stop lights.

I paid for it 210.000,00 reais that ar roughly 40k us dollars. car prices climbed up a lot the last year. I was initially going for a 3 series, but that one got even pricier, so maybe next time.
yeah not the best time Time to buy a used car, I am actually getting my mini appraised on next Monday because they’re going to buy my lease out early and use that money to put down on a new 228I gran coupe. But I will tell you that your car should have the auto hold function. While I have a different transmission than you, my car has it and you just double tap the brake pedal when you’re on a hill stopped and it will hold it. I guarantee 100% that your car has it as well👌🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does hold in hills, but not in general traffic or red lights. On that occasions I have to keep pressing the pedal or else it starts to go.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It does hold in hills, but not in general traffic or red lights. On that occasions I have to keep pressing the pedal or else it starts to go.
Oh yeah, I didn’t think about that, I believe the three series has that and the 228I I was driving the last couple days as a loaner had that, very convenient for sure👌

1 - 9 of 9 Posts